AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
OLD BLUEBIRD BUS

In line with my urge to search for the impossible, I have a customer with a 1959 Blue Bird Bus needing a left windshield.

It is probably a Shat R Proof # A-24l

Any guidance will be appreciated

Ira

Re: OLD BLUEBIRD BUS

Ira- a few years ago I needed a side window for a local jurisdiction SWAT bus. Manufacturer went out of business back in '75. I found Complete Coach Works in Riverside , CA to be a great source. Not only did they have what I needed but when I explained what I needed he know right away that he had it available on the shelf. Used but in good shape. You can reach them at 951-684-9585 ext 163

Ira, I have a right and left marked for a 67-72 bluebird. shatterproof windshields but I don't see a part # in the bug. Handwritten in white ink is A-58. I can get you dimensions if interested.

Many thanks to both of you.

I've contacted Complete Coach Works and they are checking if they have one.

Dave, the a-58 fits the year, but it comes out of a 24" high block, and the A-24 comes from a 28" high block

Both numbers fit the 1969 Bluebird series but, as luck would have it, it's the wrong one.

(You know the old 50-50-90 rule....if the odds are 50 - 50. 90% of the time you get it wrong !)

Thanks again

Ira

They will let you look for this. But why take off the post about the Mack Truck W/S. No rhyme or reason. G

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com