AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Volvo v70 xc wagon quarter glass

2001 is the year I am going to be working on, but looks like they are the same setup for a few years. There is a painted molding that is fairly wide that runs along the bottom and front edge. I assumed that it came off, but the dealer said you may need it and need to paint to match. Anyone got experience with these ?

Thanks in advance

Re: Volvo v70 xc wagon quarter glass

If they sell that part separately you're going to be able to change it from one to the other I don't think they're that hard don't worry about it just get into it you can do it

That painted molding is aluminum and can be removed and glued back on the new quarter glass with a lot of patience. It is very delicate , I removed it with the broken tempered and bonded part of the window, then taped the entire painted molding to protect it and laid it flat. Then I used a razor and a chisel to carefully remove it from the bonded part of the quarter glass. One slip and you will be in trouble,it bends and dents very easily.

There are I believe 3 torx screws on the forward most part of the quarter glass... You would need to open the door to see them. Once they are removed you would slide the painted panel froward to remove it. You may need to transfer some clips to the new piece

This one did not have any screws, just glue, there are diff. parts for the XC and the regular wagon, maybe the reg wagon has those screws

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com