AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
"Offer & Accept" programs and NAGS

Like a broken record, every year or so I make a futile fraternal attempt to wake up some folks in our industry. But nothing ever changes.

I do not work for insurance companies, I work for myself serving people who need glass. Those people may or may not have insurance and it doesn't matter to me in the least when I quote my fair and reasonable price. NAGS is very handy for identifying parts, but the nonsense they call pricing does not matter to me in the least. What insurance companies offer and what fools are willing to accept does not matter to me in the least.

I make a very good living in the auto glass business and have for many years. I know how much my overhead and my expenses are. I know how much my glass and supplies cost me. I know what I pay my people and I know how I value my own time. I take those things into account and I ADD A PROFIT. Yes folks, I add a PROFIT. A PROFIT that allows me to make a return on my investment that satisfies me. One more time: satisfies ME. And when I stop being satisfied, I will get of the business and do something else with my time and capital.

Because I operate in a business like manner and do competent, professional work, I always get paid in full by my customer or by his insurance company. In full. Always. No one has ever demonstrated anything unreasonable about my pricing or the way it is formulated and insurance companies learned long, long ago not to short pay my bills.

Try to have a PROFITABLE day.

Re: "Offer & Accept" programs and NAGS

this is why I am out of the auto side of glass except vintage restores, the sad thing is shops will accept the work

And STILL, after all these years, the industry continues to ignore the simple fact that there IS NO SUCH THING AS INSURANCE WORK. Never has been, isn't now, and likely won't be tomorrow.

Yet most continue to bow to someone other than the person who hires them to repair the car, and even "understands" it as the "reality" of the situation. We've even got folks now saying "it really won't effect us because we've been buying the work directly at a lower price anyway!" When challenged, the response is always the same: "You just don't understand OUR market!" If you think the insurer is the buyer, that the insurer is contracting for repairs, that the TPA is contracting for the repairs, you don't understand your own market.

As always, most of the industry needs to get itself into a drug rehab program, undo the brainwashing, but instead, we have articles as below time and time again, and the replies are all too often now, the same.

The industry plods along, continuing to do the same, yet expecting different results. I believe that's the definition of insanity, which would explain a lot, now wouldn't it?

But hey, what the heck to I know, all this is JMHNLO, and it's also a game I choose NOT to play.

You wanna make a profit? Of your choosing?? You don't belong on this board with us meatheads. We just work for the crums the networks and insurance cos let us have. It's the right thing to do.

This industry is pathetic the way it allows outsiders like insurance carriers and printers of parts numbers and TPA's to totally dominate it. My own man has gonads. I don't see any of the dumb slaves of the three dictators post on this board that he is wrong. Really pathetic!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa! Whaaaaaaaaaaa! Nags it too low! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Insurance companies want to pay me less not more! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Whaaaaaaaaaaaa! TPAs want big money while giving me little money! Whaaaaaaaaaaa!

I went into this business to have everybody give me something but they don't. Whaaaaaaaaa! If I don't join a network and sign an O&A, I won't be given stuff. Whaaaaaa!

Mommy, I am a real loser! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Why isn't Obama fixing this for me? Maybe Hillary will. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I spent a few minutes at Dictionary.com today.

The definitions of "total bliss", "nirvana", "inner peace", "joy", "business sense" and finally, "freedom" are all the same, and quoted below:

"realizing that you don't give a **** about the latest NAGS update because you learned wisest move is NOT to play!"

(shameless take-off from "War Games", I know, I know....but I couldn't resist)

Has anyone noticed that while Lynx and Safelite, who were both mfgs and distributors, ignored NAGS pricing when selling their parts, but used NAGS like a bible when processing claims? Does anyone know of a wholesaler or distributor that has any pricing related to NAGS pricing at all? Are there any left?

Huh...how 'bout that?

JMHNLO

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com