AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hey Pilkington!!!

The mirror on a VW Touareg/Porsche Cayenne (FW2884) is too heavy for the tape you use to attach the bracket, they fall off in warm weather. That is why the dealer glass uses urethane, just like the Audi windshields. We have to remove the bracket and re-attach it with urethane the night before the job when we get one of these.

Re: Hey Pilkington!!!

I could compile a mile long list of all the garbage parts we get from all the distributers not just pilk. Seems like quality control has taken a vacation.

Put a Pilk w/s in a Caddy only to find out the camera mounting was to far to one side and blocked 1/2 of the camera. Stupid us for thinking the camera bracket would be correctly placed and not checking 😬

100% correct I burn them off and glue them on my self. Pilington has gone way down hill, its either a distortion or a rvm problem.

There also extremely rude and slow at the austin tx location. I'm doing everything I can too not buy there.

What do you use to burn them off with? And doesn't that sometimes result in a cracked windshield if too much heat is applied???

A heat gun and a sharpened putty knife works on these, there is not much holding these on.

We have way more trouble with PGW than Pilkington. Mirror buttons falling off with even lightweight, no feature mirrors 2-3 days after install. Customer comes back unhappy and then that problem gives them an uneasy feeling about the quality of the entire job that we performed!

Hey PGW... if you can't mount them properly, then please send it unmounted and we'll do it in-shop. This "little problem" gives us a BIG headache!

If you know brackets fall off, why would you take a chance of one falling off and maybe causing an accident? If you are so smart, why would you chance it and have a unhappy customer cone back to get it reinstalled???

You mad bro?

I use propane torch five seconds flame very close directly on the bracket, take sharp putty knife and push. cuts the double sided tape right off. Never broke a w/s practice on a broken w/s first. heat up the rvm button and twist off with vice grips.

Hey guys, keep an eye out for a new topic I am going to start titled DOT 177.
I am trying to prove to my local rep that there are more people than myself who are complaining.

How 'bout including DOT 563, if it's OK with Rex?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com