AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SKODA CAR WITH A POSTERIOR WINDOW GLASS WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL MARK

HI,
I BOUGHT A NEW CAR, SKODA OCTAVIA AND FOUND 2 YEARS LATTER THAT THE MARK ON THE POSTERIOR WINDOW WAS NOT THE ORIGINAL SKODA MARK BUT XYG E000039 Tempered Safety Glass DOT 563 AS

2M-540 43R-001529

DURING THOSE 2 YEARS, I DID NOT HAVE ANY DAMAGE ON THIS WINDOW.
I ASKED THE CAR IMPORTER ABOUT IT AND THEY SAID THAT THE CAR WAS DELIVERED WITH THE ORIGINAL GLASS!
ANY EXPLANATION FOR THIS EVENT?

THANK U FOR YOUR ANSWER,
CALIN

Re: SKODA CAR WITH A POSTERIOR WINDOW GLASS WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL MARK

I am not aware of XYG glass being OE for any car manufacturer but it could be in other countries. In America, most OE parts are marked with the car makers logo or name. But again, I am not sure what is common in foreign made and sold vehicles. Sorry.

THANK'S

Echoing what Bob says above, I would suggest that if it really bothers you to address it directly to the company, http://www.facebook.com/SkodaIndia is one contact that I found for you. As long as it isn't having negative effects on your enjoyment of the car, I wouldn't worry about it.

it could be CKD plus aftermarket parts assembly car by non-SKODA approved small plant.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com