AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Woman Arrested After Driving into Gate of PGW Float Glass Plant

I am happy Jenna Reed posted the subject story on Glassbytes. It is important for us in the automotive glass industry to read everything every day that has the word "glass" in it like "Flock of birds crap on car windows while migrating south" etc etc
Inquiring minds like to know and keep up to date.

Re: Woman Arrested After Driving into Gate of PGW Float Glass Plant

Very true however the poor woman could have been looking through a DOT 563 or 177 windshield and became so disoriented, it became even more a true accident and a glass story

The poor intoxicated dear must have been drinking from a "glass" bottle as opposed to a can. That would make a story for Glassbytes even more compelling.

In a June 9 posting, a cow got hit by a car and rolled onto the hood and windshield and then ran away!!!!! The lesson in that story is going to help me operate my glass shop a lot more efficiently and may even get me a better price from my supplier. Thanks Glassbytes!

Glassbyes missed an important one: a man stepped on some glass on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale Thursday and required six stitches.

I am from that area and I think you are being a bit tough on glass bytes. We didn't know if the plant was open or closed or damaged. Now we do.

I am from that area and I think you are being a bit tough on glass bytes. We didn't know if the plant was open or closed or damaged. Now we do.

Dear Tough Glass:

Float lines operate continually 24/7 365 days a year for many years before shutting down for scheduled rebuilds. If you think the plant might have closed down because some intoxicated nitwit ditz plowed into the outside gate, then you need a brain aeration along with her.

Jim: Given that they run 24/7, etc., and the amount of money put into the plant ... makes it interesting. What if she had gotten past the gate and ran into the building? What if she had hurt someone? I'm glad glass bytes got the info. I didn't know how much damage she caused until I read it. You clearly read it, too.

And IF the last earthquake in Chile had been near the PGW plant instead of in Chile, then second shift at the plant could have been called off and...... You might have FIRST learned about that shift cancellation right here on the Glassbytes website!!!!!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com