AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
15 Ram 2500 power back slider

Heys, I have a 15 Ram 2500 crew power slider replacement for tomorrow. Are there any special instructions for these? Does the seat have to be removed? Thanks fellas!

Re: 15 Ram 2500 power back slider

Yes the back seats must come out to replace the motor and cable assembly. Hopefully you use a wire or cord system, they cut out like butter with them! It will take longer to R&R seats than to do the glass.

Thx T1! Do you know how the seat is attached? Just normal bolts on the floor along with the seat belts?

I just did one the other day, will take you at least 3 hours. I think the bolts are 18's. We did the job inshop and used in air impact driver to release the 8 bolts. There's 13's (4 of them) also that hold the plastic fold up pieces underneath the seats. Seatbelts and other trim paneling needs to come out as well. I cut the slider out with a 90 degree angle blade with the fein knife. Charged $300 labor on top of the glass cost. Good luck, they are time consuming!

Thanks guys, got it done quick and right. I appreciate the help!

I've got abother power slider scheduled for tomorrow. A 14' F150. Same question, but I'll make another thread for that. Thanks again

Do you need to remove the head liner?
It is very close to the slider.

Drill out the drain holes in the lower channel (one on each side) if they are not drilled out already. I also recommend removing the 3rd brake light, ditching the thin gasket and re-installing the light housing with a butyl seal. Both have a tendency to let water into the cab.

Some pictures here.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370590

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com