AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Office Process

I manage office for small M&P. Owner is happy to keep cust follow up to memory, post it note or dry board. We argue about having a better process in place to track open orders for pull outs and more pull outs on the fly. I want a tracking system. Reduce work falling thru the cracks. Our 4 glass techs say we trust the cust to call back for install then we bill. Any good ideas with managing this in the field on pull outs as we are growing?? Thanks

Re: Office Process

Do you currently have glass program software that has scheduling and billing software built into it that you can utilize?

I don't know if just a spreadsheet in Microsoft works would work for you?
That way you just have columns with a cell name at the top for checking where the job is at in its process of completion
Growing a business is one of the challenges as to how to work smarter and not harder.

I have seen some shops be all computer scheduled and yet others will have a simple appointment scheduler to keep a schedule on day to day appointments.

We use simple Microsoft spread sheets with columns to track individual accounts. This way we just keep track of part numbers, vehicle #, and even what we charged. Simple yellow folder in file cabinet

Any ideas help sometimes, good luck

Re: Office Process

I would suggest to check with some of the software companies that cater to auto glass shops. Most will give you the software to use for a period of time so you can determine if it will work for you. Mainstreet computers has a tracking system built into their program you may want to look at.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com