AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FW02171 2000-06 Honda Insight aftermarket windshield issues

Mentioning this in the unlikely event you happen to get one of these rare cars to work on. If you buy an aftermarket glass, note that the FYG brand doesn't come with the mirror mount while the XYG does. And the mount isn't sold by Honda.

Re: FW02171 2000-06 Honda Insight aftermarket windshield issues

Done two of these, burn the bracket off and loctite it on. No Biggie

The only problem I've run into on the new Insites is a molding issue. I don't know if is was a GGG or an OETech, but it wasn't raised down the sides and left a gap where it went into the cowl

We just did one the other day used GGG no issues.

Atvi,
Did you replace all the clips on the side moldings or use "liquid clips"?
I agree with just gluing the mirror bracket on. The aftermarket brackets suck and will drop the mirror and your original will be long in the trash...

Righty
Atvi,
Did you replace all the clips on the side moldings or use "liquid clips"?

Yes I replaced them all. 16 clips per side over $4 each from Honda, or $1.50 each for Auveco brand except for the two center ones you still have to get from Honda.

Good work then! I would guess close to half of these have liquid clips. I was baiting some dude I had heard was advertising autoglass on craigslist. I asked him how much for a 2002 Insight. He said $175. I asked him how he make any money after buying the clips and he told me to get lost, I wasn't the "right" customer for him!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com