AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2008 Smart Car pano roof does it need special Mercedes adhesive?

It's plastic, not glass. Can I use standard urethane or do I blow $50 for the kit from Mercedes?

Re: 2008 Smart Car pano roof does it need special Mercedes adhesive?

There are two different kits. One for the transparent roof and a different one for the opaque roof. Get the right one and follow the instructions to the letter. There is not a suitable aftermarket equivalent available. Experience is a great and unforgiving teacher.

If you consider $50 buying the right stuff $$$ blown, either you are charging too little, or your IQ is too little. Do it once, do it right!

you sound like some one who still goes to myspace . If you do not know what you are doing , do not do the job.

Wgansz
If you consider $50 buying the right stuff $$$ blown, either you are charging too little, or your IQ is too little. Do it once, do it right!

I can buy a quart of oil from Mercedes for $12 or I can buy the same Mobil 1 from a parts store for $6. Why should I buy a $50 item from Mercedes if a $5 one I already have is the same?

Because you need to make sure that the chemistry of the adhesive will properly bond to the panel and the substrate. (pinch weld / frame.) This is for safety and structural strength. And your car needs a lot of it

Mark from GGG
Because you need to make sure that the chemistry of the adhesive will properly bond to the panel and the substrate.

Exactly. That is why I asked in this forum if someone more experienced knows if an aftermarket brand is equivalent to the Mercedes product.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com