AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Billable hours for Dodge

I just did a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 last time nags allowed 5.6Hours

now they say 3.4 What is up with this now they are shaving hours

from us?

Re: Billable hours for Dodge

How many hours did it take you?

You should research labor time reductions over several years more closely But you have to buy the paper books because every time the database updates with the new nags update they arewiped clean. At the rate some of them were reduced we concluded that some windshields may actually or apparently install themselves in a few years. That or perhaps someone is having Scotty beam them out and beam them back in.

I think some of that was from insurance push back...

AA

If I were billing 135.00 like the dealership does then accepting the low

side on the hours makes sense but when you are getting say 35.00 hour

for a Allstate job ok now you understand. **** a union Iron worker makes

60hr. in New York, but I am to accept 35hour to save your

families life?

It shouldn't matter how long the actual job took you to complete. This is how you make money. You beat labor time's, and its no different then a body shop. It's an industry followed and published print.

Can you please be a little more specific when you say beat labor times?

I am a little slow I know:-)

Do you mean the nags hours and pricing is just something to go by if you are

slow and do not know any better?

Like Me, well I am ready to learn a better way.

Help Me please

Kind Regards

Autoglass

NAGS Pricing

Contact NAGS and ask them.
I contact NAGS every time I see a discrepancy and they will almost always investigate.
Usually I am contacting them because labor hours are too low. More often than not it is a tempered part where the rear door is more time consuming because of a vent removal or other R & R procedure. Although we may never know their process for assigning labor hours, I will use a similar part and the hours associated with that as a point of reference. Be specific on why the labor should be more.
Every time in the last few years I have reported this occurrence, they have increased the number of labor hours. It didn't help me for that particular job, but it helped the industry out as a whole.
There is a chance they may have made a mistake too and didn't catch it. If you don't say anything, why would you expect them to change it.
If everyone contacted them every time they see a discrepancy, perhaps labor hours wouldn't appear to be decreasing. (as much)

Remember...If you through a frog into hot water, he will jump out. If you turn the heat up gradually (or NAGS labor rates down), he will boil to death.

One other common misconception while we are on the topic of NAGS pricing. The NAGS part price is a benchmark price. Even NAGS will acknowledge that this is not a "retail" price, it is a benchmark. (Look it up)

Particular prices are sometimes regarded as benchmarks for a WIDER RANGE OF PRICES, this is most common with commodities.

This is usually because a single commodity exists in many forms that can be distinguished by DIFFERENT PROPERTIES OR QUALITIES.

Based on your level of quality of parts and services, it is your companies decision on whether to mark-up the NAGS benchmark, or discount it.

Re: NAGS Pricing

Who even goes by NAGS hours anyways? NAGS is already discounted. just my opinion. Bill what you feel is right. They dont pay? Take them to court. Easy as 1,2,3

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com