AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1998 corvette 2 dr coupe dw1313

I did a 02 vette convert a few years ago, but have a 98 coupe coming. inner weather strips, outer weather strips, all dealer none available aftermarket, huge price tags on mldgs all Gm. If I remember right most can be saved with allot of careful discovery to find all the screws that retain the mldgs.

Any GOOD help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Dw1313 gbn I am thinking straight forward for a seasoned vet like myself but just not sure as it has been a while.

remove t top, find all screws, save all mlds, remove glass, Prep, prime, shoot, set, have top ready to pre-set for allignment, and remove to re-install all inner and outer retainers and mldgs, re- set top.

Am I missing anything? Constructive replies only PLEASE smart azzzzzazzes go away.

Thank you in advance!

Some of those inner and outer retainers and mlds are just under $700.00 smackers! OUCH!

Re: 1998 corvette 2 dr coupe dw1313

It is doable if no one has been in there already and fouled things up for you. Just be honest and clear with the customer that you will do all you can to minimize cost but there is the possibility that things can go wrong. If so is the customer willing to wait for parts to arrive and shoulder the additional cost?

GGG MAKES a molding for this that does not cost a fortune.

I have done 2 this month. The molding can be saved if not previously butchered. I always have the dealer weather strip. Easy job but remember VETTE owners are NUTS.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com