AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PGW no longer lists NAGS prices

Just noticed this today when I had to call for pricing and availability. Been this way for a while? Just noticed online the nags list is gone as well. Is it a move of some kind? Trying to save a buck or two? New requirements from Mitchell?

Re: PGW no longer lists NAGS prices

Would it be a bad thing if our distributors completely ignored NAGS? For the most part they have, even though they have been showing Nags Benchmark that is pretty much irrelevant for many of us.

Is it time to STOP using that magic BENCHMARK to arrive at pricing???????? What an impact it would have on the industry at large!

What a concept!

I called my Rep and he said he was just reviewing it after my phone call as they gave him no notice either about it happening.
I called NAGS and bought a one year subscription for $90.00 which will give you a new Calcualtor once every 4 months, since it was sudden and they were unprepared it will take 2-3 weeks to receive my first copy. Only by mail , asked if I will get a renewal notice and was told they will send a Fax when your subscription is up. Come on I haven;t had a fax in 5 years ,what about an Email, no sorry fax only.
I've used PGW for the 9 years I've been in Business ,so oh well. Greed wins.

Stacy

Which distributors provide NAGS list info anymore?

We spoke with our PGW rep yesterday about this. He informed us that it was a decision based on several factors. First, he said that that PGW paid big fees to Mitchell in order to publish the information. Second, he claimed that very few people were using the info based on "their research", and finally he said that NAGS took issue with them putting the info out there for "those who did not pay for access", so the decision came down to remove the info completely.

Although we have numerous devices and terminals with GlassMate and NAGS info, we did use the PGW posted info for spot quotes for cash jobs in our body shops. No Harm - No Foul on our end, but I know that this most certainly has an effect on the smaller shops out there.

nags pricing has been a joke for years. ppg was the first to stick it to them years ago to come up with another form of pricing

atech
Just noticed this today when I had to call for pricing and availability. Been this way for a while? Just noticed online the nags list is gone as well. Is it a move of some kind? Trying to save a buck or two? New requirements from Mitchell?

Unless they got an agreement that most do not have, ANY use of the NAGS #'s you have to pay the fee. does not matter what part of it you use.

This really sucks for guys like me that don't have the man power to do direct billing. Hell I don't have time to bill lynx or sgc as it is.

If you join the IGA, you get Total Shop Management included with your membership allowing you to see NAGS and OEM pricing. You also get to see PGW, Pilkington and Mygrant pricing and availability side-by-side. Don't waste your money on just purchasing a pricing calculator when you can have so much more.

stacy
I called my Rep and he said he was just reviewing it after my phone call as they gave him no notice either about it happening.
I called NAGS and bought a one year subscription for $90.00 which will give you a new Calcualtor once every 4 months, since it was sudden and they were unprepared it will take 2-3 weeks to receive my first copy. Only by mail , asked if I will get a renewal notice and was told they will send a Fax when your subscription is up. Come on I haven;t had a fax in 5 years ,what about an Email, no sorry fax only.
I've used PGW for the 9 years I've been in Business ,so oh well. Greed wins.

Stacy

If I save .20 cents a part lets say to not have it , scrwew it i do not need it i have this really neat thing its on this thing called a computer... Brace yourself its auto glass software...

Aren't they still using proprietary information by using the Nags part numbers? The list price is just part of the system, right?

Looks like they're back !

You just are unable to exist without your NAGS prices. You deserve what you get.

Gary Hart
If you join the IGA, you get Total Shop Management included with your membership allowing you to see NAGS and OEM pricing. You also get to see PGW, Pilkington and Mygrant pricing and availability side-by-side. Don't waste your money on just purchasing a pricing calculator when you can have so much more.

I called for 2 weeks earlier in the year, left messages, never heard anything back from IGA. Chalked it up as if you cant call me back, why should I send you money.

I have even replied the same on here to your posts, never get anything back.

What gives Gary?

If a Major global manufacturing & distribution company disregards NAGS lists, what grounds do Insurance companies have trying to force AGR companies to adhere to them? Could it be the NETWORKS forcing their "competition" to use NAGS?

Sglass
If a Major global manufacturing & distribution company disregards NAGS lists, what grounds do Insurance companies have trying to force AGR companies to adhere to them? Could it be the NETWORKS forcing their "competition" to use NAGS?

WHY THEN EVEN USE THE NAGS PART NUMBERS? WHEN ORDERING FROM A VENDOR JUST GIVE THEM THE DEALER PART AND TELL THEM YOU WANT THE AFTER MARKET PART FOR THAT AND ASK FOR THE PRICE. IF YOU ORDER ONLINE JUST TYPE IN THE VEHICLE AND OPTIONS TO GET THE PRICE. MAKE SURE YOU LET THEM KNOW YOU WILL NOT ACCEPT A NAGS PART NUMBER EITHER AND ASK WHAT THEIR PART NUMBER IS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW THIS WORKS OUT.

YOU EITHER USE ALL OF NAGS OR NONE AT ALL. TO SAY THE NAGS LIST IS NO GOOD BUT YOU WILL USE THE PART NUMBERS IS
, WELL , STUPID.

YOU EITHER USE ALL OF NAGS OR NONE AT ALL. TO SAY THE NAGS LIST IS NO GOOD BUT YOU WILL USE THE PART NUMBERS IS
, WELL , STUPID.

Is it rocket science to differentiate between a parts identification system that works pretty well and is handy and kow-kowting to the b.s. prices created by the same entity?

WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE????? DO YOU TAKE CRETIN PILLS???? Now I know how Obama got elected TWICE and Hillary will be anointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOB
Sglass

WHY THEN EVEN USE THE NAGS PART NUMBERS? WHEN ORDERING FROM A VENDOR JUST GIVE THEM THE DEALER PART AND TELL THEM YOU WANT THE AFTER MARKET PART FOR THAT AND ASK FOR THE PRICE. IF YOU ORDER ONLINE JUST TYPE IN THE VEHICLE AND OPTIONS TO GET THE PRICE. MAKE SURE YOU LET THEM KNOW YOU WILL NOT ACCEPT A NAGS PART NUMBER EITHER AND ASK WHAT THEIR PART NUMBER IS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW THIS WORKS OUT.

, WELL , STUPID.

First..take a chill pill
Second I think you missed the point of my post.
Third I owned and survived 38 years of owning & running a successful AGR business.
Fourth I'm semi-retired and dabble in the AGR industry to keep occupied.

Hi Sglass, Long time no see! The insurance companies have been using the NAGS pricing to create their deep discount offers. Insurance companies will set their rates based on paying out retail prices and then will offer low ball prices to anyone that will accept their offer. That way they will guarantee profits. As long as they have fewer claims than anticipated, they will still make a profit even if they pay full retail prices. You are right. They do not have any grounds for increasing their profits at the expense of the service providers that serve their policyholders.

Sglass

Sglass, I know it will shock you, but I have been in this business longer than you. Everybody dodges, weaves, ignores, and side steps: NAGS is indeed quite handy as a parts identifier. To accept the handy parts identification aspect should have absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with their freaking chutzpa in creating prices.

WHAT DON'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND? Parts ID, great. Benchmark Price suggestion, ABOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!

You *****, **** and moan, and kvetch about "insurance Pricing" and the NAGS list, etc etc
But you bend over AND ALLOW IT to rule your lives. WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?

Man
I think you still miss my point. Plus FYI I owned an AGR shop for 38 years, I've been in one for 54 years 😊
Still go take that pill

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com