AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
UNDERSIDE MOULDINGS

OK, why does the manufacturers make a underside molding, hire someone that doesn't know what a straight line is and have them put it on the glass before its packaged and freighted out in crates? The delivery guys and gals then grab the windows by the edge and disrupt the already botched moldings even more! This isn't rocket science and its pretty easy to see that its not straight once the glass is installed, even the slightest bend or one spot is wider than another.

Now the question here is what are shops doing to fix it? Do you take a razor and try to make your own straight line after the install? Do you have rolls of underside molding that you just make your own after removing the factory one(How are you bonding the 90degree corners together)? Do you return the glass over and over until you get a straight good one?

Does not quality control see the issues before they ship it out? This isn't rocket science here but I don't understand how they expect installers to use a part that's defective to say.

Re: UNDERSIDE MOULDINGS

You are so on point with this, Guardian is the worst offender generally in Toyota's with the most picky people to start with and you get an over priced shield that looks like the blind installed it. If you are going to be that dumb send it separate.

What I do is use an underside like GGG makes with the ledge, or and I know my buddies will cringe but I also use Marcy the PUGM 2 , 3, 6 moldings. With all these moldings you can turn a corner and It actually looks great. And yes I flip the glass to install.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com