AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Caulking Guns

I'm in the hunt for a new caulking gun as one of my M18's bit the dust last week. I was curious if the M12 would be strong enough for thane or if you really need the strength of an 18V. Is Dewalt making a 20V yet to coincide with my 20v batteries for my Ambush tool? I wish it was easier to use the same batteries across the board for tools!!!!

Re: Caulking Guns

We have 18s and 12s. The 12s are very functional. I however use an 18.

Bought an M12....used it twice. It didn't seem to like Dow Express much. Sold it and bought an 18V.

M-12 400lbs pushing force, M-18 950lbs pushing force. Old style Milwaukee 14.4 was 620lbs pushing force. If you are shooting 24 hour safe drive thane, M-12 or Ryobi will work, if using a high quality 1 hour product, you need a high quality gun.
Ooops.....

I have a M12 works ok. Does the job. But you cant beat the old school 14.4 or the new M18's. Either one you go with you'll be ok. Dewalt in my opinion to heavy and bulky.

I've been using my 14.4 for years without trouble and we're using Express sausage packs. Easily pushes it out. I know that one day I'll have to up it to an 18, but for now...... It ain't broke.

I am using the M18, love it. And i like it the battery fits everything else i use including my Glass Bot Wire tool.

I spoke with a Milwaukee rep about issues with my gun. He stated they are caulking guns, not urethane guns. Covered it under warranty but stated Milwaukee can void warranty because not meant for urethane use.... Funny how they advertise in glass mags

I use an M12 and love it. I use sausage packs though so I don't know how it would be for a cartridge. I found mine brand new online already set up for sausagewith 1 battery and 1 charger for 179. Can't find an m18 for that price. I don't think it's worth buying these bigger items from the suppliers anymore. They can't compete with the online stores.

I've also wondered why no one else uses sausages. I can't see any reason why cartridges would be first choice. It's cheaper for a kit, it doesn't need to be kept over 70 to pump.....

Agreed. We've used sausage pack from their inception. We wouldn't change for anything.

Ben
I use an M12 and love it. I use sausage packs though so I don't know how it would be for a cartridge. I found mine brand new online already set up for sausagewith 1 battery and 1 charger for 179. Can't find an m18 for that price. I don't think it's worth buying these bigger items from the suppliers anymore. They can't compete with the online stores.

I use Sausage.. much cheaper..

I changed up to everything 18v. Gun,Impact,drill,flashlight,mini Reciprocating Saw, Looking at that glass bot that runs on 18V as well, The litho Batts are light weight and I love the charge indicator in the batts. They also charge super quick... I will say my 18v Gun.... Well I almost always run on full power, but the power wheel use to click, now it just spins freely with no click. I never blew out the bottom on my Sika tubes with the 14.4 V however, If my tubes are even a little cold, they will blow out the bottom F'ing my gun up, HATE that so much. I was cleaning out my garage and ran across my old 14.4 Drill and I was so amazed how freaking heavy that thing was, Love the little impacts.

I used Milwaukee for a long time. Had one break, while waiting on parts I bought a ryobi for $39 I had other ryobi tools so I had batteries. Worked great during the summer and as long as I warm the thane during cold months. I sold Milwaukee and have used ryobi for 7 yrs now. A lithium battery I get about 2-3 weeks on a charge.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com