AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Interior Mirror Adhesive

What is your adhesive of choice for glueing interior mirrors to the windscreen?

We in Australia use a product by Oz Moulds. Just your typical glue and primer. It's works pretty well most of the time and we get less than 1% back.

The problem we have here is heat. In the summer the temp is 40 Celsius, thats 104 F in old money. The glass can get much hotter on the black spot melting the glue and of it comes.

This tends to be more on the aluminium blocks, the large square ones on Hyundai etc.

Anyone use 5215 by Sika?

Re: Interior Mirror Adhesive

Loctite is my favorite. Luckily I can not think of the last time i had to glue a mirror on, which is one nice thing about working on mostly all 2014 and up cars

I've been using Equalizer's Kling-On. I haven't had any problems and I like that the primer is a brush on instead of a spray.

Really? the one I got from Mygrant was old Garbage and froze up I went back to Loctite. It could be mygrant just had old product?

Larry

Loctite rear view mirror adhesive available from cr Laurence or any local glass supplier in the USA

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com