AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Which AGRR-Related Companies Make the Fortune 500 Cut?

Reading this on Glassbytes, I'm not sure whether to laugh, or, not to laugh....

First, what does AGRR stand for? Last I knew, and perhaps I've been wrong all along, but thought it stood for "Auto Glass Replacement & Repair".

So, why, I wonder, would insurers listed in the Fortune 500 list be considered as "related" to AGRR, when not one to date has been shown to purchase ANY SERVICES OR GOODS in AGRR? Again, insurers do not contract for repairs to insureds property. Why are insurers AGRR related?

Noting the statement about insurer's profits being more investment driven rather than premium driven, I would provide a data source that would argue that point, seeing many insurers clearing a minimum of 20% and some even in the 40% range on auto insurance premiums via simple LOSS RATIOS which show premiums vs losses incurred, generally in property and casualty, but still generously profitable where auto is separated out inside property and casualty numbers. That means to me that if they're seeing more revenue gains on investments, then one is led to believe that premiums have not been profitable, and I don't read or see that in the numbers the insurers are giving State DOI's, not hardly...premiums seem to be VERY profitable, much more so than "AGRR" business is.

Dow Chemical, parent to Dow Automotive, obviously, is AGRR driven as well as OEM; a no brainer there. Congrats Dow.

Then we go back to insurers in the article, then to GM, then back to Ford, which spun off its glass division.

Then we're back to insurers again in a huge way in the list, with an almost "honorable mention" for PPG. Note, NOT PGW, but PPG. Point made I would think. And an honorable mention you would seem to think also for 3M. 3M? I suppose we do have a lot of "related" 3M products, say cleaners, double face tapes, epoxy products, but certainly no urethane or glass bonding AGRR products, but I would have to agree the other stuff is AGRR "related".

Notably, not ONE AGRR company is in the list according to the Bytes article. NOT ONE. Wow, to me, that speaks volumes. Are we trying to feel better about AGRR biz by viewing these Fortune 500s as "AGRR Related"?

To those who say I'm nit picking, or being an idealist instead of a realist, I would say, fine, then just answer the question in my first paragraph, why are we listing insurers as AGRR related when they buy NOTHING from the AGRR industry? Otherwise, I'd ask, who's living in a fantasy world, myself, or you who think insurers are AGRR "related"?

As always, JMHNLO

Re: Which AGRR-Related Companies Make the Fortune 500 Cut?

Hey Mark1, have you looked at the logo on the glassbytes site? Go take a look at it if you haven't. Read what is underneath it. Things that make you go hmmm ...

I agree that it is far reaching.. But there again if I knew so much why don't I start my own site...

Larry

Could it be because they insure automobiles with auto glass and pay millions of dollars to auto glass repair facilities?

Could it be because well over 100 auto insurers have entered the business of repairing and replacing auto glass by employing a service provider to settle their auto glass "only" claims?

JB
Could it be because they insure automobiles with auto glass and pay millions of dollars to auto glass repair facilities?

Could it be because well over 100 auto insurers have entered the business of repairing and replacing auto glass by employing a service provider to settle their auto glass "only" claims?

WHAT? REALLY? show me 1.

what?
JB

WHAT? REALLY? show me 1.

Stop and think about it. When an insurance company contracts Safelite to administer their claims, they get the whole package. Safelite even fights the insurance companies legal battles for them!

JB
what?
JB

WHAT? REALLY? show me 1.

Stop and think about it. When an insurance company contracts Safelite to administer their claims, they get the whole package. Safelite even fights the insurance companies legal battles for them!

So if I really think about it then the whole thing is a sham because they don't really buy anything from us but they want everyone to think they do so they can get away with acting like they do. That about sum it up?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com