AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Beware of Gerber Glass

Years ago Netcost beat our door down with claims that we refused to do over pricing. We did a job through Gerber 2 months ago since they complied to our pricing. 2 months go by and no payment. Called them and it was answered as Netcost. Great...lol. Spent nearly an hour of calling, sitting on hold, being transfered to only be disconnected during the process. Finally got through to someone and I gave them the option of credit card payment vs walking the invoice over to small claims court (right then). The guy threw a baby fit on me and starred telling me that Gerber bought Netcost out and they didn't normally pay with a credit card. I told him that most cases we don't have to chase down payment and go through the hassle of the red tape and white house security to get paid. Very hard to deal with. Be careful doing any work for them. Very shady, hard to deal with and even harder to get paid.

Re: Beware of Gerber Glass

They have there own shops, they are your competitor. Why would you do anything for them? I have denied jobs. That they wanted me to do on big trucks because there (so called TECH) did not know how to do them. I don't want there slop jobs.

Dan
They have there own shops, they are your competitor. Why would you do anything for them? I have denied jobs. That they wanted me to do on big trucks because there (so called TECH) did not know how to do them. I don't want there slop jobs.

First, I do no jobs for netcost. Their rates and payment system are a joke.

Secondly, we did this job on our terms, not realizing Gerber and Netcost were in together. Will know better next time.

I put this post on here so people would understand that getting paid through them is a hassle so indies stay away from them or at least know what to expect. I don't need educated on how the system works

I love netcost i have billed tons of invoices through them and i get paid every single cent i bill them. And no i am not part of their network the pricing is a pathetic joke.

Very shortly after Solera bought Lynx, Gerber bought Netcost.

Lynx was doing Gerber's network up to that point.

Apparently, Gerber's collision side had a problem with Solera, would be my assumption.

It is fairly common knowledge that Lynx is moving into collision claims, and I would also assume that Gerber wanted to be able to have a format in place to do so themselves.

If we saw NAGS get into the network business, I'm guessing many larger glass businesses would be considering the same. Those that are left, that is. You have to remember that there are several data providers in the collision business, there is only one, relatively speaking, in glass.

But, of course, those relationships are the substance of several lawsuits right now, and very much should be, in my opinion.

JMHNLO

I am surprised by the negative comments here. I have always found the Gerber people to be very honorable.

I have had same ridiculous experience with Gerber. Routinely taking 60-90-120 days to pay and invoice. And their billing department very rude when you call to ask status on an invoice. They claim it's a fleet account and it takes a long time to get paid from A fleet account. The auto glass shops are not around to finance your business, find it hard to belive a network of that size does not have enough working capitol to pay its vendors.

Scott
Dan

Secondly, we did this job on our terms, not realizing Gerber and Netcost were in together. Will know better next time.

I put this post on here so people would understand that getting paid through them is a hassle so indies stay away from them or at least know what to expect. I don't need educated on how the system works

You just don't get it. You are part of the problem sign up for every network you can.Hope they pay you. Do you not see they are making a buck on your back. On a company you scratched out, out of nothing. The next time you cut your hand on a job call your beloved network and ask them for a band-aid. If every one would get out of these networks and bill for what they do these networks would dry up and go away. But you go ahead and help that CEO make his boat payment.

Dan
Scott
Dan

You just don't get it. You are part of the problem sign up for every network you can.Hope they pay you. Do you not see they are making a buck on your back. On a company you scratched out, out of nothing. The next time you cut your hand on a job call your beloved network and ask them for a band-aid. If every one would get out of these networks and bill for what they do these networks would dry up and go away. But you go ahead and help that CEO make his boat payment.

I have a boat and no payment. Never said I did network jobs or contracted pricing. Actually I was clear on the opposite in my original post. You should learn to raed clearer before spouting off.

xn
I am surprised by the negative comments here. I have always found the Gerber people to be very honorable.

And how long did you say you been working for gerber!LOL

It appears that I have made mistakes of accepting 2 repeat customer's glass claims. They are through Gerber. It just did the first job but had never looked at the discount and labor rate that they will pay. The CSR just wanted to verify contact email and fax numbers with me. I fished out the fax to get the dispatch number in starting my invoice and was shocked. The rates that are printed on the customer info sheet are a joke!! I would never ever accepted either job at the rates they cite. I want to publish those giveaways but know that this post will be erased if I did.
Can a few of the West Coast shops email me what Gerber rates they pay? Just in case, Gerber/ Netcost thinks I just fell off a turnip truck. Technically I never agreed to any rates but we all know the games TPAs play when it comes to payment. My next customer is scheduled for an install next week and frankly I don't want to do job at what they want to pay me. Those individuals and shops that accept those paltry rates deserve scorn and every sort of negative pushback the industry could provide. One is basically installing he cheapest glass, cheapest adhesive and at a speed worthy of a hack's reputation as it is economically unsustainable over a period of time even for 1099'ers autoglassmenders@comcast.net

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com