AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2011 Mercedes E550 Convertible w/s FW3303

Howdy.
Got one of these coming up... any advice is appreciated. Trying to figure out how I can make a buck on it will probably be more difficult than the install- lol. 5.4 hrs labor and the insurance co wants to flat rate it, but that is another discussion all-together. Part is quite expensive thru the dealer so I want to make sure we are prepared.
thank you!

Re: 2011 Mercedes E550 Convertible w/s FW3303

atech you already know better than this. you will lose your azzzzzz if you even think you can accept network pricing on this high end job. Converts are, in many cases way more delicate and way more time consuming. This should not be touched less than nags plus a bunch and 50-80 hourly labor. Anything less is a complete joke and all you are doing is hurting the rest of the industry. Walk away and learn how to focus on profitable work. No One needs to work for little or nothing!

Mercedes owner's don't want or do they deserve cheap azz work, if you cannot MAN UP than walk away. That is my best advise. If you have not already gave up all rights by signing a network contract then direct bill and get paid properly IT IS THAT SIMPLE atech. NOW MAN UP. Wake up and pay attention!

I have not negotiated and thanks for assuming I am a deadbeat of the industry. Looking for advice on the install itself. I can handle the money part of the job just fine. Nice reply...

We have done two at the local MB dealer so far, they took us between 2-3 hours with two dudes, there's nothing ultra tricky just ton of disassembly

The higher end MB converts usually are a bit time consuming. They're not horrible, but you'll spend extra time. Take you time, look for things like bolts at the top of the A pillar that help hold the side moldings in place, and you should be alright. Pay attention to how the sensors in the top center come out. Might be a little tricky there as well.

So are you telling me this is not a network lick em & stick em job? Really? these kind of jobs do exist? the kind that actually need extra care and costs? REALLY? and how many shops except network non profit pricing to do the job, now that is the big WHAT! LOL Everyone doing these kind of installs should be setting their price, not accepting network BS. To those who do it properly hats off and good job to you, as for those who hack their way though this and accept price fixing, SHAME on you!

Look up a 2015 Jeep cherokee with almost 20 different w/s to choose from. And now accept network pricing WOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOW. Unless you see first hand this vehicle you will be guessing at which w/s to choose,,,,, choose wisely......

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com