AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NAGS release missing list prices

Why does the new NAGS release (5/15)not contain list prices for some windshields that have been out for awhile. For example, a DW2074 for a 2014 Ram pick up? Is there a good explanation for missing data? It's mid-2015 now, you'd think they should fill in the blank by now.

Re: NAGS release missing list prices

Pick up phone call an Editor and ask them, heck you might even be able to Reach Bud Oliver, he has always answered for me for years...

Not everyone is fine with mediocrity and keeping quiet about these nuisances. I'm sure there are other glass companies out there that get bothered by incomplete data. (...insurance companies don't want to pay a fair price if there's no list price for a part. blah blah blah, whatever...)

Why do we need to pay full price for the license when I'm not getting all the data I'm supposed to be paying for. WE need to apply a discount, I don't know but maybe 5% discount for each incomplete part file on the next NAGS release, so their next payment is a little less. Maybe a little incentive will get them to do their job.

Since I HAVE to bill with these part numbers, not having the corresponding list prices increases my labor costs in the time it takes to process and complete an invoice. So I definitely think withholding money if fair. I wouldn't charge a customer full price for an incomplete job so tell me what sense does it make to pay NAGS full price for incomplete data?

Seriously!! In 2015 a new 2014 part has no list price! Really!?!?! Come on NAGS!!!

I know, we can very quietly put up with it, make a phone call and just whimper away....Isn't anyone else tired of this?

NAGS has one job...just one job...maintaining a data base of ridiculous numbers...they could MAKE UP a list price and no one would know any better because none of their pricing standards make any sense anyway...

FAIL!!!!

glass person
NAGS has one job...just one job...maintaining a data base of ridiculous numbers...they could MAKE UP a list price and no one would know any better because none of their pricing standards make any sense anyway...

FAIL!!!!

Awww, someones mommy didn't hug them hard enough this morning.

Yeah, I know...waaahhh... I mean...the expectation of quality and standards is way too much to ask for in the auto glass industry.

Again...NAGS has ONE job.

ONE.

So how do you get the prices or lack there of before any one else?

Well, let's see....this 2014 vehicle with a brand spanking new NAGS windshield part number was probably manufactured end of 2013. It's now mid-2015. Soooo...not a single truck load of DW02074GTY's have been sold since 2013? Not one? Not a single windshield was replaced since then? Makes me wonder where we got ours from?!?!? Must be dreaming.

AND...that's another thing....NAGS has the part as a GTN, the supplier's have the part as GTY. Another mistake.

Lazy. Pure Lazy.

You have ONE JOB NAGS!!!!!

Glass person says NAGS "could MAKE UP a list price" Ya really think, glass person? What the hell do you think they ALWAYS do???? If you think there is some science behind it, You are naive. They ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make them up out of thin air to please their insurance company masters.

Hey dude-xn,

That's kinda what I'm saying....It's all BS!!! WTF am I paying for this stupid license which comes up with incomplete data month after month (OK...twice a year...but I'm stuck with it every f-ing month in between), when they could just make up a number and no one would know otherwise!! I mean it makes no fricking sense that the profit on a 2014 Humburger windshield (SOLELY BASED ON NAGS LIST PRICES) which takes no more time and the windshield costs appx the same as a 2013 Humburger but the profit on the glass much less....what sense does that make?!?!?...I know it does in bizarro auto glass world where we just sign our brains away for the almighty low dollar. And yes, according to Larry we should just make a phone call so a NAGS editor can blow smoke up our ass and make us feel good about ourselves. Objectively, in reality, seriously, this is junk! Mediocrity is mediocrity and I'm calling it out!!!

I mean, if they are going to leach their existence off of the menial little glass installer with these silly little licenses then why are we little minions accepting this incomplete bs that causes us more work and less profit...(meaning the ins co's jump on this opporutnity of INCOMPLETE DATA to stick it to you and you have to spend extra labor finalizing the details just so than CAN stick it to you).

NAGS IS AN OBSOLETE SYSTEM and it needs to go away. NAGS IS A BIG FAIL!!!

No WAY!! Another part without a list price!!! FW3169. Shocking!!!
---for a 2012 vehicle...so they probably started selling them in 2011. That makes 4 YEARS and still no price. Shocking!

This is an honest suggestion. WEBBIE: Keyword "Suggestion".

Why don't you simply consider running a "cost plus" business? Part costs $xx.xx. Markup to account for a reasonable profit margin based on your cost of doing business.

Why do you need a NAGS list? Think about that seriously before you answer.

NAGS list pricing is likely the most debated set of numbers in existence. Why it hasn't reached the level of alien influence, ancient astronauts, Freemason influence, DaVinci Code, Nostrodamus, and relation to spacial anomolies, is anyone's guess. Conspiracy theories abound, with more than a tad bit of circumstantial evidence. The latest was the last release, when most everyone in manufacturing and distribution announced publicly a 5% wholesale increase. If you apply simple math, plug in a "allowed price" retail matrix foundation of 50% off NAGS list, then NAGS list would have to have gone up 10% to account for the 5% wholesale increase. Yet, it didn't, and not even close, though many reports indicated that the 5% wholesale increase took place. (Webbie, your own published articles supported this conclusion.)

Those that run a cost plus business basically ignore NAGS published pricing. Every other business that does NOT involve insurers operates under this simple system. My question is, why is that, in that we don't? My answer is, many do. And many that do easily have defended their pricing in court. (Webbie, again, your published articles confirm this)

While it would be nice to purchase the "part numbering" only from NAGS, and pay, for example, much less than the full package, NAGS has not offered this purchasing option to my knowledge. I know I certainly would be one to buy it that way if offered.

And oh, BTW, how many "net priced parts" exist in the NAGS database, how many parts to wholesalers and distributors basically ignore NAGS pricing on? Hundreds? Thousands? Come to think of it, are there any distributors left that sell parts off of a "standardized discount" from NAGS list? Don't they sell based on a "cost plus" system? Hmmmm....

In any case, my suggestion stands.

As always, JMHNLO, and HTH.

I agree. The only thing Nags is good for is a parts numbering system. And remember that Nags has stated for years that the price they show for parts is a "benchmark", not a list price. A benchmark is a starting point, so if you mark it up accordingly you are in effect figuring a cost plus amount. Add reasonable labor rates and you can easily defend your pricing. And you can make a profit. Now there's a novel idea.

Wow another screw up NAGS!!! DW01754GBY is listed as having an attached 3/4 moulding. NOPE!!!! The moulding is a completely separate 3/4 part. GOOD JOB NAGS!!! UNRELIABLE!!!

glassass
Wow another screw up NAGS!!! DW01754GBY is listed as having an attached 3/4 moulding. NOPE!!!! The moulding is a completely separate 3/4 part. GOOD JOB NAGS!!! UNRELIABLE!!!

Not to come to NAGS defense, but this is an AFTER MARKET PART, they requested the part # from NAGS to be assigned, so if I tell them I want to license a part # and here is the info and I provide garbage info, how is that NAGS fault? I would also like to know what brand did you buy, how do you know your distributor just did not send the molding, every one of these I get comes with the molding shipped separately???

Just a thought...

and also who the heck is still drinking this piece of garbage I have not seen one in forever..

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com