AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
glass america?

are they ok to work for?

Re: glass america?

They have a weird pay structure. 40/30/25 i think and like $16 an hour base. Working Saturdays... so the 40 I am told is insurance or cash the $30 is fleet jobs or R*I (so $15 per pull and put) and $25 for repairs....

My old tech went to work for Gerber then they flipped him to this plan he quit I don't blame him!

I work in the Atlanta market and I know that a lot of technicians are leaving the company, not just here, but all surrounding areas, so probably not the best place to work.

Did you work there when it was not on the PPP plan?

looking in the Lafayette area,anything but safelite.

So if there pay is based on the job and not the hour are they not subcontracting out the work?

Must be different in Tenn.,i know people there and they are not payed by the job.They are hourly or salary.

From what I understand it can be different by market. Most of the old GA markets still pay hourly but the Gerber markets use some type of PPP plan.

Been working at Glasss America / Gerber for over 4 years. Great company and great pay. making about $1500 a week on production pay plan...

perhaps if you have a small radius like 20 miles sure you could hammer it... so at 1500 a week, you have to be doing 8 jobs a day @ 40 each ?? so lets say you are doing 40 % insurance then how many are you doing a day?

how many miles are you driving and how many days a week are you working?

OEGlass
From what I understand it can be different by market. Most of the old GA markets still pay hourly but the Gerber markets use some type of PPP plan.

Do they operate the two parts differently?

I think they operated differently in Atlanta for a short period and then Gerber closed the glass shops and went with the body shop/glass shop idea. From what I hear its a ppp pay structure very similar to Safelie.

I'm hearing rumors of Belron in negotiations with Gerber to buy the glass division of Gerber.

That is absolute Bull****.

Fact.

Sad to see Glass America go to PPP. They were probably the last corporate auto glass company that I would have considered going to work for.

AGN

Windy City
I'm hearing rumors of Belron in negotiations with Gerber to buy the glass division of Gerber.

That would be bad,the last thing i want is to work for safelite!!

Gerber hates safelite and soon will be there biggest national competitor.

buddboy
Gerber hates safelite and soon will be there biggest national competitor.

Everybody who sold out to Safelite hated them everyday of their lives, until they put a few more ZEROS on the end of the number on the check.
Ooops...

JUST MAYBE MR. OPPS IS A SGC DRONE? LOOKS LIKE IT MORE AND MORE ......OOPPS!

DRONE ALERT!

Does Glass America actually have any brick and mortar locations anywhere or are they mobile only?

ATL
Does Glass America actually have any brick and mortar locations anywhere or are they mobile only?

Of course they do all over... Like Saint Louis...

Storefronts is not a big deal to me,just being a good place to work is my concern.

don't they operate out of body shops now?

Considering opportunity in Richmond Virginia with Glass America, they offered me an hourly rate or the PPP its my decision. They have a local shop so I am seriously thinking of making the move.

Where is the local richmond shop? Where are you making the move from?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com