AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
demand for payment letter

Does any one have a demand for payment Letter sample? i recently was short paid by Pro****ive. That would be great help. Or if anyone has a way around it. I do not belong to their networks.

Re: demand for payment letter

autoglasses, I will attempt to answer this as simple as possible. And a few others may have even simpler answers.

Demand for payment will fall on DEAF EARS. SO, a letter of "Intent to collect" might be a better form of your efforts.

I have many times over the last 10 years sent letters of "intent to collect". Some Ins co's understand and some refuse to acknowledge. They still lose. They only want to pay a "network price". but please understand most in co's DO understand the difference.

SO let's start here....As I do have MANY letters of intent to collect I can not and will not post them here. I spent allot of time and trouble to articulate them. So let's break this down to simple:

Start with who, what, where, and why. Keep it short and to the point. clearly send the ins co a full break down of your charges, remind them you are not a network participant. Have all customer info, including policy # date of loss. and a proper assignment of proceeds, EVEN if the network, or Ins co, tries to not recognize. IT IS BULL WAD.

You need to know what course of action you have within your state that you can file to collect. Short pays are nothing more than " theft of services"., by most all states in the USA. It is no different than going to your local gas station and giving them the price down the road that is 10 cents cheaper than where you pulled into.

You stated you are NOT a network shop. SO you are not obligated to anything the network tries to impose on you. The last thing you can do in your "letter of intent to collect" is to let the ins co know what to expect from you, and your efforts to collect on the unpaid balance of your invoice. At that point add filing fees, late fees, admin fees, court costs, arbitration fees, and in your admin fees make sure you cover your costs of being away from your shop.

Lay it out clearly and straight forward. and send it off. I truly hope this helps you
and please understand I have spent allot of time to formulate my letters of intent.

Most important, be respectful, don't let your anger of being stolen from get in the way and keep it as simple as you can, and don't back down. Whatever you tell them in your attempt to collect FOLLOW THROUGH! And get paid.

Most all would just fall on the floor if you knew how we collect and get supplements from a certain networks That we do not participate with. Just got a 3 figure short pay today from a short pay and did not have to file to get it! YEA SGC I know you hate me! Sorry couldn't help myself. Once you learn how,,, it is a WOW

Here is a reply from our local States Atty regarding a short pay where the ins.co. finally relented and paid our full invoice after several emails to the ins co. argueing our side. We repaired four chips and billed for three. They short paid the first repair and paid $0 for the additional ones. We accused them of everything from theft of services to slave labor practices. We cc'd our local States Atty. Here was his reply after the insurance company finally paid the balance of our invoice.

"Thank you for contacting me about this matter. I have reviewed the materials that you provided. Also, it is good to know that you have worked out a resolution to this issue.

It does not appear that this situation would qualify as a theft of services under the 4 corners of the statute. Usually, contract disputes are not subject to criminal action, since the terms of the contract are controlling.

It also does not appear to qualify as an unfair business practice, since a resolution to the dispute has been reached.

Thank you so much for this information, I totally understand your efforts on your intent to collect letters. I will gather all the needed info and come up with a good letter. Once again thank you

Another Old glass guy
autoglasses, I will attempt to answer this as simple as possible. And a few others may have even simpler answers.

Demand for payment will fall on DEAF EARS. SO, a letter of "Intent to collect" might be a better form of your efforts.

I have many times over the last 10 years sent letters of "intent to collect". Some Ins co's understand and some refuse to acknowledge. They still lose. They only want to pay a "network price". but please understand most in co's DO understand the difference.

SO let's start here....As I do have MANY letters of intent to collect I can not and will not post them here. I spent allot of time and trouble to articulate them. So let's break this down to simple:

Start with who, what, where, and why. Keep it short and to the point. clearly send the ins co a full break down of your charges, remind them you are not a network participant. Have all customer info, including policy # date of loss. and a proper assignment of proceeds, EVEN if the network, or Ins co, tries to not recognize. IT IS BULL WAD.

You need to know what course of action you have within your state that you can file to collect. Short pays are nothing more than " theft of services"., by most all states in the USA. It is no different than going to your local gas station and giving them the price down the road that is 10 cents cheaper than where you pulled into.

You stated you are NOT a network shop. SO you are not obligated to anything the network tries to impose on you. The last thing you can do in your "letter of intent to collect" is to let the ins co know what to expect from you, and your efforts to collect on the unpaid balance of your invoice. At that point add filing fees, late fees, admin fees, court costs, arbitration fees, and in your admin fees make sure you cover your costs of being away from your shop.

Lay it out clearly and straight forward. and send it off. I truly hope this helps you
and please understand I have spent allot of time to formulate my letters of intent.

Most important, be respectful, don't let your anger of being stolen from get in the way and keep it as simple as you can, and don't back down. Whatever you tell them in your attempt to collect FOLLOW THROUGH! And get paid.

Most all would just fall on the floor if you knew how we collect and get supplements from a certain networks That we do not participate with. Just got a 3 figure short pay today from a short pay and did not have to file to get it! YEA SGC I know you hate me! Sorry couldn't help myself. Once you learn how,,, it is a WOW

one more question? Does the letter go directly to insurance company or does it go to SGC?

You do not have any agreement with sgc then why consider them in shape or form? go direct to the Ins co.

Networks do not want anyone to know but they have both in network pricing they impose on shops, they also have out of network pricing for those who do not like the benefits of membership.

JB in my state it has been the attorney generals office but even better is Your state dept of commerce. Attorney Gen's office will want to give you lame excuses because they don't want to get involved. But at your state commerce dept you might find more cooperation. They have told me straight out, short paying, altering invoices is FRAUD and it is THEFT. You just need to find out what dept. works best in your state.

By the way autoglasses, I used letters of intent every time I had a short pay when I first started out collecting short pays. But now after a few years of some Ins Co,s just ignoring the letters, I just file against them. At least it showed that I was trying all I could to reconcile Before filing.

Another key factor is to follow up quickly with a complaint to your dept of commerce. That get's the Ins Co's attention real fast. They do not like to have complaints against them. And remember have you ever heard from Ins co's and networks, "well no one is complaining about these practices"? Just like steering, Not enough complaints so it must not be happening.

So make a couple calls to your State Dept of Commerce. Find out where, and who you can file a complaint to. then with letter of intent to collect and filing the complaint simultaneously, you will Get results. Now the Ins co. will be motivated to resolve the issue, and you just might find some are smart enough to know that it will cost them more if they continue to short pay and drag their feet. HTH's

"It does not appear that this situation would qualify as a theft of services under the 4 corners of the statute. Usually, contract disputes are not subject to criminal action, since the terms of the contract are controlling."

Seems a bit odd, calling this a contract dispute, when only the shop and the vehicle owner are parties of the contract of repair and not the TPA.

Who is the Customer?

If you have an assignment of post loss benefits and are "standing in the shoes" of the policyholder, you are claiming a breach of contract between the insured and the insurer. Even bad faith complaints refer to the policy (contract).

Since the repair contract was between our shop and the policyholder, we would have had to accuse our customer of theft when the real culprit was the insurer that refused to see our invoice as reasonable.

In order to properly answer the question posed here, you need to supply more information. 1.) What state are you operating in? 2.) Do you have an "Assignment of benefits? (or "post loss" as stated above)

The simplest venue for resolving pricing disputes is appraisal. Depending on the state, arbitration could be an option. A short pay from Prog###ve could be resolved through litigation but could take a very long time. With the right appraiser the matter can be resolved quickly and at an extremely low price. Sending a letter to prog###ive may prompt them to invoke the appraisal provision. It happens every day in several states right now.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com