AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ebay & PGW

I had to deal with fleet customer who had found cheap glass on ebay and pick up local he said probably where you get glass.This is starting to get a **** going for cheap glass.Of course only if you install yourself, but still is pain to deal with.It looks like there selling quite a few,just a heads up.

Re: ebay & PGW

It's not PGW doing it, its a company called windshields to go. They buy nationwide and get pretty good pricing on glass. They don't do much here, maybe 1 or 2 a month.

The one i saw was chevyextreme8 he sells other auto parts and a lot of burco side mirrors.

There's all kinds of guys doing it just to make a few bucks. PGW's pricing is all over the place. Sometimes their tempered is dirt cheap, and other times its not. I always tell customers who supply glass, like if it stress cracks i'm not responsible, and there is no warranty. If you lose the account bc the customer is too cheap, then usually he's not someone you want to do business with anyways. They usually come back after awhile when they start getting screwed by someone else.

Complain Complain Complain,
If all the retailers didn't support the Chinese coming into the country 10 or so years ago you wouldn't have the issues and problems you have today...you guys never get it and all you do is beat up PGW and what ever other supplier is trying to do to make money and stay in business. Keep it up-and they will all be gone and you will be lucky if your glass ever has the quality it has today. Compared to 10 years ago there are at least 25 distributors that have disapeared...there is one common demonenator-figure it out...

I was not complaining just letting other indies khow that its going on.In my market there is perception of windshield cost and when calling on new accounts you here those numbers its not actual its standard by which they have been paying during past year or so.When shopping on ebay for parts they come across mustang sheild $95 pick up local they think i paid over $200 last one i had done.They don't figure driving to pick up, it may crack, labor & materials,but when they ask you to install you say $120 no warranty it changes there perception from my glass man gives me a decent price on installs to man i did't khow you charged that much labor.It changes dramatically when they are offered low prices on glass.Since glass is the one main part that yor gonna have to get another if you blink wrong it makes our industry unique as far as pricing is concerned.$ amounts used for comparison only as they are regional.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com