AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Auto Club group must cease and desist from using Safelite Solutions in Minnesota.

I stand & applaud all the steadfast hard working people who have fought to make this happen. An extremely hard battle to win & the rest of the Industry should pick up the rally flag and push for the same changes in their states. My hat is off to all of you.

Re: Auto Club group must cease and desist from using Safelite Solutions in Minnesota.

is the auto club an insurance company? sorry for my ignorance.

Re: Auto Club group must cease and desist from using Safelite Solutions in Minnesota.

AAA

Gary,

Thanks! They have their own glass company here in NC.... not sure where else?

Larry

What Larry has never heard of AAA To get a tow? AAA, ok triple A Insurance to insure against a break down and to get towed? UN BELIEVABLE. Really is there anyone more out of touch of reality? Is it possible????? This is just another episode of the "twight light zone. Once again Larry is completely clueless WOW

what-Larry is a glass genius and running a successful operation! And a great guy.

In my humble opinion, Safelite’s chosen business model is corrupt and as such, Safelite has no grounds to complain about the lack of due process. Insurance companies that embrace Safelites corrupt business model have no grounds to complain when they are admonished and fined by regulating authorities. Because Safelite is a multifaceted group of companies under the same upper level management, contracts with Safelite Solutions, llc are tainted with bias. When insurers contract with Safelite Solutions they are also not only, endorsing the Safelite brand, but also for all intents and purposes contracting with an aftermarket auto glass manufacturer and an auto glass repair and replacement service provider. In essence, the insurers are allowing Safelite to settle their own claims and lord over all their competitor service providers in their insurance involved transactions. That is a huge conflict of interest that infringes on the consumers right to freely choose a glass repair facility.

Even worse is the GAI (guaranteed average invoice) model used by Safelite to land insurer contracts. Safelite negotiates a GAI that ensures their profitability and caps the cost liability regarding settlement of auto glass claims to a level acceptable by the insurer. Then is given the power to enforce the GAI by coercing network participation and deceiving consumers with their so called truthful commercial speech. Settling claims is part of the business of insurance but controlling the service provider industry is not. Here the largest, most top heavy service provider representing a small percentage of available service providers is given the keys to monopolization!

Because of the power given to Safelite by the auto insurers, Safelite is empowered to lord over the majority of service providers by controlling who can and can’t become insurance company “preferred providers”. In reality, policyholders have freedom to choose which repair facility repairs their vehicles and there is no cap on what the service provider can charge other than it must be reasonable within the market. According to the insurance contract, once the policyholder satisfies his/her duties to prove a loss covered by the contract and satisfies any applicable deductible, the insurer has a good faith obligation to pay any reasonable amount incurred over and above the deductible. However, Safelite, competitor to all other service providers, abuses its given authority to settle claims by deceiving policyholders into believing that they shouldn’t or even can’t freely choose a service provider that hasn’t, at the expense of its own brand, endorsed the Safelite brand and agreed to prices not negotiated by insurers but dictated by insurers. You see when Safelite enforces dictated prices on one of its competitor service providers, it knows that it can legally charge more for the services it provides as long as all the claim invoices come in under the GAI amount. This is essentially a license to steal!

Contrary to the established public policy found in the 1963 Consent Decree, when consumers file the first notice of loss, they are steered to Safelite to make the report whereupon the policyholder is mis-led to believe that Safelite is the preferred service provider. Even if the policyholder is standing inside the shop of his or her choice when the first notice call is made, Safelite uses deceptive scripting and innuendo to deceive the policyholder into believing that they cannot use their chosen shop when the opposite is true. Policyholders (consumers) should never be subjected to such deception especially when they have experienced a loss and are most vulnerable to such deception. Safelite should never have been in such a position in the first place. It is about time regulators put a stop to this corrupt and illegal activity.

I think it's funny how safelite continues to dodge bullets and walk on egg shells when this conversation continually comes up multiple times of year. They know as soon as the first domino falls the rest will. I think their crying about spilled milk is ridiculous and complaining about the thing they have been doing to us local glass shop owners for 20 years. How is it not fair they have to recommend their competitors? Got news for safelite, the insured is not calling you, they think they're calling their insurance company! Safelite also loves to run commercials talking about how generous they are to charities and the local community. In fact, they are hurting the local community. They hire all the time at their call centers with low paying jobs 10 bucks an hour, their warehouses 10 bucks an hour and are hiring technicians for 12 to 13 dollars an hour.

I asked their sales rep last year for wholesale, so how do I become a "preferred shop?" He tells me, "well you must have a shop." I said ok, well i guess i'm disqualified, b/c at the time we were doing everything mobile. I get a shop, then i get told a few other excuses on why I can't be a "preferred shop." Their wholesale division is a joke bc they set the pricing so high on new vehicle parts you don't have an opportunity to make any profit. Especially if the part has a list price of 262.90 and they are selling it at 131.45. Most of safelite solutions referrals are 47-51% off nags list. Well on tempered, what are you going to make? 60 bucks? They do it on purpose so even if you get the call or have a customer who wants to use you, you don't really want to do the job. Lastly, why do you think they continue to buy other big national companies? Because they don't want another public smear on their record like they had with diamond/triumph. Diamond/triumph had money to fight this same issue and continued to fight it. The rest of us don't have millions to keep fighting this issue in court.

I hope this law sticks and runs roughshed throughout the country and destroys them like they've tried to destroy many of us for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5A2JE-yYPY

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com