AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
current nags update

Is it me or did NAGS drop many numbers from the catalog.
Our system now only shows from 1964 to the present. We use to be able to look up late 40's.
For people using POint of sales software systems, is your most current NAGS catalog showing the older numbers?

Re: current nags update

I know GTS had some issue I heard about with part #'s higher than like 3000 ?

gimme a vehicle to look up...

1957 chevy pickup.

I guess you are correct only goes 40 years back

I thought this was odd that NAGS/MItchell dropped so many part numbers still used today. I tried calling MItchell/NAGS and all was told it was an update and I could just buy paper catalogs they have for sale.
If not list price was no longer available, just list the part.

It might be that the size of the pricing file is becoming and issue? Who knows? Prior to this update how many years did it go back? Why can't AGRR or someone do a story on this God knows they do one on everything else ;)

A story would be nice informing us as to why so many numbers were dropped. Irony is that list prices keep dropping, but the fees Mitchell/nags charges software companies and agrr facilities to use their trademarked/patentend # system just went up.

Totally ironic. Our prices are supposed to go down because they have raised their prices. What a stupid company. As I've said before, the only relavance nags has is for parts numbering. Their "benchmark" prices make no sense. And please remember, they do not publish list prices. The manufacturers do.

The GLASS manufacturers publish list prices????? Smiley, what alternate universe are you living in????????????

Don't you purchase glass from Pilkington, or PGW? Where have you been for the last 5 decades?

Smiley
Totally ironic. Our prices are supposed to go down because they have raised their prices. What a stupid company. As I've said before, the only relavance nags has is for parts numbering. Their "benchmark" prices make no sense. And please remember, they do not publish list prices. The manufacturers do.

Benchmark Pricing Makes No Sense.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

What a profound statement Smiley made, yet so few understand it.

Is it possible that the older parts you speak of, are not being included because there is no relevance to control claims costs on parts that no insured consumers are buying?

While you're all watching the parts, how many of you are also watching the labor times? How many instances of reductions, how many instances of drastically lower than realistic, how many instances of the same labor time on parts with no additional items, as the part with Lane Departure, Rain & Condensation Sensors, ect ect?

Several of us save the old books, in that each time a new NAGS version is plugged into our computer systems, the old one disappears.

Even if NAGS stops publishing the paper versions, it's too late. Printed copies of invoices exist.

The "alternative" to NAGS is coming. That's a given. But it won't be better, it will be worse. Simply, the seller has nothing else to sell the insurers whom MUST buy it, for it to have value. Repairers, nor the consumer, are the customer for the data, we're the pawns that are being forced to use it.

Follow the money folks, follow the money.

JMHNLO

I wonder how many understand the nags term, "benchmark"? For the answer go back to your 99 and 05 books that explain their "rebalancing". If you don't know the answer it's safe to say you really don't really understand how to bill properly.

Hey guys: So you are noticing the numbers gone from the platform ... what about the book? Have you looked in there? Can you give me a few examples of NAGS numbers missing? ... Do you know where the cutoff time period is showing up? And are any of you willing to be quoted? We are happy to look into this. Email jreed@glass.com. Thank you!

You want us to do your homework?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com