AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
No matter if you give kick backs or know people give them chime in

It is my belief that insurance agents, and service writers are getting kick backs for work sent from them. The owner of my shop is in disbelief , so I am coming here to ask Do you know that agents want kick backs to direct work? AND are service writers getting kick back.

Let us know

Re: No matter if you give kick backs or know people give them chime in

Service writer's and insurance agents that sends us tons of profitable work gets courtesy discounted prices for family members cars. Lets so who's man enough on here to tell the truth......

Kick backs -No. Reciprocity is just too risky, for the agents and the glass co. But agents that send business receive the following:

sports tickets.
rounds of golf.
lunches.
happy hours
dinners.
liquor
coffee shop gift cards.
Food into their offices.
discounts on glass.
deductibles absorbed.
CE classes.
baby presents.
wedding presents.
birthday presents.
etc, etc ...

The business quits coming in and the gifts simply stop.

Generally how it works (no direct link, but nudge-nudge-wink-wink).

The 'gas card' routine in CT is known and accepted. Glass America built its business on the gas card!

They are trying to claim that is not how Binswanger built business, and I know that is a lie because there use to be a back door to their web site and you could see what they offered all the dirty agents etc...

The naivete posted here is overwhelming.

Tell the truth
It is my belief that insurance agents, and service writers are getting kick backs for work sent from them. The owner of my shop is in disbelief , so I am coming here to ask Do you know that agents want kick backs to direct work? AND are service writers getting kick back.

Let us know

The company I work for direct bills for every job except lynx state farm. We give $50-100 gift cards to agents depending on the insurance companies. Any short pays go to litigation and are paid there. But money talks that is what agents are after. We get tons of allstate work and geico as well. Tell your boss to wake up and smell the coffee

just heard that if you have Hanover ins.and you use a safelite shop your deductible will be waived. Just another way to steer the customer.

the truth
Tell the truth

Let us know

The company I work for direct bills for every job except lynx state farm. We give $50-100 gift cards to agents depending on the insurance companies. Any short pays go to litigation and are paid there. But money talks that is what agents are after. We get tons of allstate work and geico as well. Tell your boss to wake up and smell the coffee

So...we complain about unfair rates from networks and direct bill...promptly giving away $50-$100 and justifying the price tactics we complain against. Un******* real. Thanks for being part of the problem. The coffee smells unethical as hell.

and before you hit me with doing what you have to do....I don't do this, do extremely well across a large geographic area and get lumped into your category and we all look like ******* thieves because somebody doesn't understand the difference between marketing and payola. Anyone that doesn't understand that as a group we screw ourselves and the change starts there needs to find a new ******* career path.

i disagree with the gift card deal but thats how they do business, i am just an employee. we have about 12 techs and just in the month of december the company braught in about 600k in sales now thats insane. I will not discuss where i work or what area. Just know we are the Largest independent in the state.

Not blaming the guy that answered honestly...just frustrated with the idiocy.

George C. took that silliness to another level and rode it till it didn't work anymore.

stay out of the cross hairs of a certain company's legal department. Because they will sue a glass company for "unethical" selling techniques if they are able to show that jobs are being paid for with payola.

"How dare a competitor lure jobs from us when we have already bribed the execs of the insurance company to steer the business to our TPA and retail stores!!"

This thread is just pathetic. So few out there know how to run a proper business. TRULY SAD. We DO NOT GIVE ANY PERKS IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM. NOW understand how real business works.

We just did a job for our local Agent. HIS VEHICLE, thru sgc, pricing unacceptable. so we direct bill, no problem.

We p/up and deliver and leave our courtesy car for our customer to use if they need to go somewhere. We do the job and deliver, p/up our courtesy car and guess what....
gas gauge is FULL. Our agent needed to run a few miles so he filled the tank. WOW this is perks in reverse. You slackers need to learn how to run a quality business. You don't have to BUY jobs, You need to do quality to the point that they appreciate your services, and that customers insist upon YOU doing the work. Then THEY REWARD YOU! BECAUSE YOU ARE WORTH IT.

It amazes me that too few of you understand simple business practices. WOW!

So few really know
This thread is just pathetic. So few out there know how to run a proper business. TRULY SAD. We DO NOT GIVE ANY PERKS IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM. NOW understand how real business works.

We just did a job for our local Agent. HIS VEHICLE, thru sgc, pricing unacceptable. so we direct bill, no problem.

We p/up and deliver and leave our courtesy car for our customer to use if they need to go somewhere. We do the job and deliver, p/up our courtesy car and guess what....
gas gauge is FULL. Our agent needed to run a few miles so he filled the tank. WOW this is perks in reverse. You slackers need to learn how to run a quality business. You don't have to BUY jobs, You need to do quality to the point that they appreciate your services, and that customers insist upon YOU doing the work. Then THEY REWARD YOU! BECAUSE YOU ARE WORTH IT.

It amazes me that too few of you understand simple business practices. WOW!

I totally agree with you. That is what i believe in my self customer service at its best.

Payola is generally speaking a term used by radio people. For when a label says hey put this in rotation and I'll kick you $500. Plugola is when you get free stuff to mention a product and fail to tell someone your getting free stuff to do it...

To above poster "so few really know"

drove couple of miles.......... filled the tank up

Sure happy to see you don't buy work

to each his own:

style,
philosophy,
opinion and
conclusions.

The first time you give a kick back, they will always expect it every time. that could be costly, best thing to do is not to do it.

Anyone who has to give a kick back to a Insurance Co. or to a account to get there business. you must not be a very good installer. All your kick back does is make them turn the other cheek when there is a problem.

I rather let my work speak for its self and have word of mouth advertising, while you are giving kick backs and making less money on every job I'm banking my money.

D A M N YANKEE
I rather let my sub par workmanship speak for its self

Is that why your almost broke and going out of bizness BOY!!!!!!

[/quote]

XS I am not broke, and not going out of business.. I don't have to BRIBE my customers to use my company, I get referrals all the time, I may discount a little better if a customer was referred. But at least I don't give them KICK BACKS.

Oh and your Sub Par remark, HA HA HA. I'll bet half if not all your work is SUB PAR, you should have been handing out your complimentary shower caps and rain coats on every install? With all your leaks you create

D A M N YANKEE

XS I am not broke, and not going out of business.. I don't have to BRIBE my customers to use my company, I get referrals all the time, I may discount a little better if a customer was referred. But at least I don't give them KICK BACKS.

Oh and your Sub Par remark, HA HA HA. I'll bet half if not all your work is SUB PAR, you should have been handing out your complimentary shower caps and rain coats on every install? With all your leaks you create

[/quote]
No, You just hand out a complimentary Totes transparent umbrella.
Do you still hand out the Febreeze clip on vent air fresheners? To handle all that mold that is left behinds from the leaks you have?

And its not called Bribes.... The term is INCENTIVES.... You POND SKUM...

Or a pair of socks to tuck under the headliner lol

Hey don't want to be this guy but maybe watch how much you put on here didn't safelite sue and win against triumph autoglass before buying them for giving agents gift cards

autoglasses

Naa,Dirty Yankee wears his same dirty sox for a month straight before washing them....lol

xs
autoglasses

Naa,Dirty Yankee wears his same dirty sox for a month straight before washing them....lol

lol do you guys know eachother?

xs
autoglasses

Dirty socks huh,, Well we won't tell everyone that you need take off that skirt you wear and put on big boy pants, At least my socks aren't them nasty 30 day old depends you are wearing, You may want to invest in some air vent clip on air fresheners to mask that stench you leave behind..

That is all for now D A M N YANKEE OUT!!!!

Kick backs inflate the cost of repairs to the Insurance Co. and diminish your profit margin. Work harder, work more, work in deplorable conditions & make less has never been taught in any school except the AGR industry.

There is a company here that gives body shop managers and agents 15%. He has to though his guys are butchers it's the only way he can keep his accounts.

So exactly where is "HERE"?

Austin. One of his guys was suppose to r&i a qtr glass on a civic he tried to r&i the qtr panel with an air knife. He got out of the car told the shop manager that was some tuff urethane pulled the glass out he cut threw the metal all the way around.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com