AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2014 mercedes sl550 convertible

anything special on these cars? i have one to do.

Thanks in advance

Re: 2014 mercedes sl550 convertible

Take your time, if it's the model I'm thinking of the header molding is pried out of 2 sets of pressure clips be careful not to bend. Cowl and sides pretty straight forward, but you will need to pull interior for wires.

On a few of the MB converts we have done that upper molding is a air deflector and pops up. Take a good look at it before you start prying on things.

Lee
On a few of the MB converts we have done that upper molding is a air deflector and pops up. Take a good look at it before you start prying on things.

Lee is correct, but I've only seen this feature on the E class convertible models. Always proceed with caution with these vehicles they are not elementary by no means. I was at MB of Naples yesterday and saw one of these. UGM across top, no hard header molding, wide appliques for sides.

This one was pretty easy just time consuming thanks guys for the info. Top had UGM sides had clips just had to take of visors and panels to plug wires inside. It always lines beautiful with Mercedes glass

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com