AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2012 Dodge Durango Rain Sensor Issue - Vitro Glass

I am having an issue with a Vitro glass in a 2012 Dodge Durango with a rain sensor, the car is NOW cycling the wipers every time the car starts. How do I stop this from happening? You would think a Vitro windshield would be decent enough knowing they made some Sa***uard stuff.

Larry

Re: 2012 Dodge Durango Rain Sensor Issue - Vitro Glass

I still have yet to find anyone that has ever had this issue. I ordered a new rain sensor the actual unit. I hope that this rectifies the situation. But you would think of all the people out there, all the people i know that someone would have seen or heard of this before.

Larry, did u try to recalibrate it yet? not sure if that will fix it, but a recaliberation seams the norm. lately.

tenderhands
Larry, did u try to recalibrate it yet? not sure if that will fix it, but a recaliberation seams the norm. lately.

How do you re-calibrate these?

That's a **** good question. I tried what GGG suggested to unplug the battery, then drive the car in circles. That did nothing the **** thing still cycles the wipers when the start button is pressed. I am waiting on a new sensor which did not come in. But if there in another Re-calibration method please share

I own a 06 Grand Cherokee with a rain sensor that never has had the glass changed and oftentimes it cycles a wiper sweep when I start it up. Sure it is the glass?

i was told NEVER turn ignition on with rain sensor disconected, i never have and i've never had a problem. but i wud have disconected battery, and waited 1/2 hr. then touch two cables together. this erases memory. then conect everything and see what happens.

Problem solved....

I have NO clue how it was solved, I got the car today to re-do the job and I could not reproduce this anymore.

Freaking amazing!

so what did u do to fix it after all

Tony,

That is a **** good question. The 1st thing we did was disconnect the battery, then let it sit a bit, put it all back together then drove in the parking lot counter clockwise... which was all a big ass waste of time.

5 days later when the owner was back in town I went to get in the car and I could not reproduce the problem. So who the heck knows, I know that deep down he thinks I did something to fix it and I just wont own up to it. But in all reality I did nothing.

the best I can figure is that when I sprayed the glass to clean it I slopped stuff on the sensor.. and it finally dried out??

Had the same with a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee last spring.Owner complained about wiper sweep upon start-up.About a week after he called back and said that it cleared itself.Chalk it up to just one of those things..

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com