AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Neil Duffy's article

Neil Duffy is a brilliant writer. I just made a post on a thread that was apparently 4 years old. So, I thought that I'd start a new Post on a topic that he brought up.

In my previous post, I suggested that everyone who frequents and reads here go out and find more information about the industry and what is available.

I took my own advice and read a few of Neil's articles/blogs. Here is my favorite from today. I jives nicely with the technology and software that I alluded to.

http://trenches.agrrmag.com/privacy-and-agrr-industry/

The solution to this problem of taking our data and using it against us is simple: Glass shops need to be in control of the whole Information Technology infrastructure in order to take back what's been stolen and used against every AGRR shop and every customer we've earned.

I have been doing more research and I think the IGA is doing something very smart by having a technology partnership with our POS company. I won't mention names here (you'll have to research this on your own) but if you study our collective problems with "interference" in our repair contracts, you will discover that there is a way to stop it.

This may take some time before enough of you discover this theory on your own, but I'm quite certain that TPA's couldn't abuse our information if we were in control of it. I really never paid much attention to our vendor's efforts to continuously improve our "software as a service," but I am now.

After living through this horror (and trying to operate a business without restraints) I must conclude that there is no way to become Independent and remain that way if my competitor has access to my business information. I would like to hear some comments or replies from IGA members if this has been discussed and at what levels.

Is it possible to have a system that doesn't require a TPA to be in the middle of our contract of repair that would be acceptable to those who have contracts to pay for our customer's losses?

We have worked out several agreements with insurers in lieu of taking them to court and winning every time. Is this the next step in the evolution of auto glass replacement/repair?

The processes that we follow in our shop cannot become more efficient. We can outperform and process information (authorizations from our customer without physically meeting, ordering from the 3 largest suppliers and finding the best quality for the best price, documenting previous damage to the vehicle, recording phone calls and uploading them as well, etc..) faster than any other shop or TPA/insurer.

Why do we need them (TPA or insurer) involved once we have helped the consumer establish the FNOL?

Is the price they must reimburse the only issue? I would still think that this must be better for our customers (they tell us that no one, not even those who have bottled water delivered, have better mobile app's) who feel like we are treating them as the most important person (and not their insurer) in the equation.

Would/could insurers step away from their cost containment schemes and allow their customers to choose a shop they trust (without undue influence)?

If we didn't have to market so heavily to combat the steering and spend so much time educating our customer, would it be worth it to us to just focus on providing excellent service where our average invoice was a little less?

This would all depend on how I feel once I return from my 17 day vacation. Yes, it's back to work on Monday and I must admit, I do like it this way because it keeps us focused on our customers and their impression of us.

Have a good weekend all. This was my first vacation in 3 years and it was the best one for reflection and re-charging our business and family.

Re: Neil Duffy's article

wow, 17 days. Always been afraid of taking that many days off in a row, i might not be able to force myself to come back. Would have to be here to sign checks anyway i guess, 17 days would be real hard. You must be doing something right.

Re: Neil Duffy\\\'s article

Two years of preparation and good help and systems in place. Not easy and I still called in 5 times.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com