AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2014 RX 350 Lexus Antenna's ?

Order w/s from dealer, car is now here and it has 2 electronic antenna type things on inside of w/s top pass side, both have wires going up into headliner, no plug to undo. There is nothing on the new windshield in that area, which tells me that they stick on or they gave me the wrong w/s. Called dealer and they are also miffed, but are working on an answer for me. These do not look to be aftermarket, they look like lexus stuff. I have not pulled the headliner down yet, not making a move until I get the facts. Anyone seen this on this model ?

Thanks, dave

Re: 2014 RX 350 Lexus Antenna's ?

I have run across a few 4 Runners in the past that had an aftermarket antenna attached to the windshield that looked like a factory applied grid antenna, but turned out to be enclosed in a clear adhesive strip attached along the top inside of the windshield. In each case I was able to carefully remove it with a fresh razor blade and reattach to the replacement after installed. Don't know if this is the same type of application, but sounds like it by your description. If you ordered the part from the dealer by the vin, it should be correct. Good luck.

Re: 2014 RX 350 Lexus Antenna\'s ?

In the past I have seen aftermarket gadgets that look oem due to clean installs, I ask the owner if they have had any electronics added to the vehicle so you may want to try that, good luck

Re: 2014 RX 350 Lexus Antenna\\\'s ?

Got more info, RES+ is a Lexus option, I believe it is a 2 antenna system that probably allows you to start your car with your smart phone or some thing along those lines, may also have something to do with gps. The antenna kit is a pt398-48130-ab lexus part # , the bad part is the tabs that have 2 contacts on each of the antennas is attached with 2sided tape, very thin, and each have a long wire that is part of it and does not unplug. The dealer may have installed this option, but it is all Lexus. And the wire goes up above the headliner and another 3-4 ft somewhere.

fun and games

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com