AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
REALITY TV

FOR THE LAST 18 YEARS I HAVE OWNED A COMPANY CALLED STRONG ISLAND STREET WHEELZ
AND 3 YEARS AGO I WAS BLESSED TO GET A CONTRACT TO CREATE ONE OF THE LARGEST WEEKLY CAR MEETS IN THE COUNTRY AT THE PENNY SAVER AMPHITHEATER AND JUST LAST WEEK WAS CONTACTED BY LEFT RIGHT TV PRODUCTION REGARDING A REALITY TV SHOW FILMING MY WEEKLY EVENTS AND MY PLAN IS ABOUT TO COME TO LIFE AND THAT IS TO SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL CAR ENTHUSIAST REGARDING THE TURMOIL IN THE AUTO GLASS BUSINESS WE DO ABOUT 2500 CARS,TRUCKS AND BIKES EVERY WEEK AND NOW WE WILL SPREAD LIKE A WILD FIRE !

Re: REALITY TV

Congratulations on your success and for the thoughtfulness of including the industry any chance you get in your reality tv series.

good job, just make sure you wear nitro gloves on the job lol

ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES AND PREP GLASS AND PRIME PINCH WELD AND MAKE SURE YOU USE ACTIVATOR AND CLEAN THE GLASS BEFORE ANY PROCEDURE !
SORRY CAPS LOCK

Go for it CAPS LOCK.

ALLIANCE GLASS
ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES AND PREP GLASS AND PRIME PINCH WELD AND MAKE SURE YOU USE ACTIVATOR AND CLEAN THE GLASS BEFORE ANY PROCEDURE !
SORRY CAPS LOCK

Me thinks you work like the Crystal Auto Glass Boyz ! Hacker"R" Us

Or better yet Charlie from ABC Auto Glass SUPER Hacker"R" Us

How about getting 25 hot young ladies and a glass guy gets to date em all

"Duck Dynatrol"

Me thinks you need to worry about yourself at my place of business and yes I have a store front with a waiting area and lots of games and books as well as every available channel from direct tv for my customers to watch while We install there glass properly inshop which is the proper way to install windshields ,,, By the way all our customers are informed of what to do after they\\\'re new windshields are installed
1. no car washes for 3 day\\\'s
2. no mechanical lifts (chasis lifts) 3 days
3. leave tape on for 24 hours (ppg brand wide 3\\\" )
4. directions on how to open and close doors (centrifugual force ) for the next 24-48 hours
and yes we are a AGRSS certifeid ..
Thank You and please support small business !
owner of Alliance Auto Glass .

H'MMM
If you can read i posted that this is not about my glass business but on my weekly car meets I hope your just a troll and I'm assuming you work for the hacks that are owned by the monopoly (foreign owned) by the way My office customer service rep worked for them and If you like I can spill the beans on here of what you guys do that affects our business as small business owners ,,

ALLIANCE AUTO GLASS
By the way all our customers are informed of what to do after they\\\\\\\'re new windshields are installed
1. no car washes for 3 day\\\\\\\'s
3. leave tape on for 24 hours (ppg brand wide 3\\\\\\\" )
4. directions on how to open and close doors (centrifugual force ) for the next 24-48 hours
Me thinks you use some really cheap urethane. Good urethane has a safe drive away time of 45 min for dual air bags. With that in mind. If it has a safe drive away time of 45 minutes. Its also safe to say its okay to wash the car after that also. If it can survive a fmvss 212 and 208 in 45 minutes surely it can hold out some water.

Same time for 45 minutes for the mechanical lift. See above for explanation

Leave tape on for 24 hours? Why? Unless cheap urethane is used that has some incredible long drive away time. Again good urethane has a safe drive away time of 45 minutes. And most good urethane with safe drive away time has less then 7 minutes working time before tacking up. So that windshield isn't going to move in in the pinchweld after 15 minutes after installation

Slamming doors up to 48 hours? Again see above for explanations for characteristics properties of good quality urethane. If it can pass fmvss 212 and 208 in 45 minutes. Whats a little cabin psi going to do?

agrss certified and to post something like this is a embarrassment to our professional trade junior

Oh Really ?
ALLIANCE AUTO GLASS
By the way all our customers are informed of what to do after they\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re new windshields are installed
1. no car washes for 3 day\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s
3. leave tape on for 24 hours (ppg brand wide 3\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" )
Me thinks you use some really cheap urethane. Good urethane has a safe drive away time of 45 min for dual air bags. With that in mind. If it has a safe drive away time of 45 minutes. Its also safe to say its okay to wash the car after that also. If it can survive a fmvss 212 and 208 in 45 minutes surely it can hold out some water.

Leave tape on for 24 hours? Why? Unless cheap urethane is used that has some incredible long drive away time. Again good urethane has a safe drive away time of 45 minutes. And most good urethane with safe drive away time has less then 7 minutes working time before tacking up. So that windshield isn't going to move in in the pinchweld after 15 minutes after installation

Slamming doors up to 48 hours? Again see above for explanations for characteristics properties of good quality urethane. If it can pass fmvss 212 and 208 in 45 minutes. Whats a little cabin psi going to do?

agrss certified and to post something like this is a embarrassment to our professional trade junior

45 Minute Safe Time?? Who makes that? I have heard of 1-2 or 3 hour and even 30 minutes, but 45? Or are you referring to the heated urethane that is 45 minutes below 25 degrees? You give it away with the 7 minute working time. If yes, reminder, it is summertime, 1 hour. Heated urethane gets safe drive time by cooling down, which is why it is quicker in colder temperatures, it is tough to cool urethane fast, in hot summer temps.
Ooops...

Mee thinks you need to find a job ,,
And we use dinol 9000 1 hour and customers have no problem waiting like I said we take pride in or installs ,,

Ooops
Oh Really ?
ALLIANCE AUTO GLASS
By the way all our customers are informed of what to do after they\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re new windshields are installed
1. no car washes for 3 day\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s
3. leave tape on for 24 hours (ppg brand wide 3\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" )

Leave tape on for 24 hours? Why? Unless cheap urethane is used that has some incredible long drive away time. Again good urethane has a safe drive away time of 45 minutes. And most good urethane with safe drive away time has less then 7 minutes working time before tacking up. So that windshield isn\'t going to move in in the pinchweld after 15 minutes after installation

45 Minute Safe Time?? Who makes that? I have heard of 1-2 or 3 hour and even 30 minutes, but 45? Or are you referring to the heated urethane that is 45 minutes below 25 degrees? You give it away with the 7 minute working time. If yes, reminder, it is summertime, 1 hour. Heated urethane gets safe drive time by cooling down, which is why it is quicker in colder temperatures, it is tough to cool urethane fast, in hot summer temps.
Ooops...

We have a air conditioned shop. So yes it will cool off very fast in the summer time. For the 45 minute SDAT estimate. Go to SIKA website and see for yourself ASAP+ product specs.

Alliance glass
Mee thinks you need to find a job ,,
And we use dinol 9000 1 hour and customers have no problem waiting like I said we take pride in or installs ,,

Me thinks you are lying. Staten Island guys use essex 428+ the cheapest stuff on earth. All the vendors in that area don't carry Dinol. Unless your using Chinese expired repackaged urethane with Dinol label on it?

Staten Island?
who said I was from staten island ?
wow you definetly work for the monopoly ,,
Actually Im in long island and greg is my rep and I purchase my dinol from pilkington as they are the new distributors I also use dinol 538 primer and the 582 activator ,,
By the way Penny Saver Amphitheater is located in long Island any one with Iq 90 can tell you that by simply googling the name ... have a nice day big monopoly !

ALLIANCE AUTO GLASS
1800 MIDDLE COUNTRY RD
CENTEREACH NY 11720

Successful small business owners build each other up.
they motivate , inspire, and push each other .
Unsucessful business owners just hate,blame and complain .
Like what the monopoly chain is doing they troll on forums and hide behind a keyboard with there fake screen names and whine while they control 90% of the insurance industry !

ALLIANCE GLASS
while they control 90% of the insurance industry !

Sounds like your jealous. Come up with a plan. maybe you can be successful also Jr

We have a plan read my original comment genius man this forum has many trolls from mr foreign owned monopoly !

Alliance glass
We have a plan read my original comment genius man this forum has many trolls from mr foreign owned monopoly !

Your plan is doomed to fail

Says the 800lb gorilla in the room ,, I'm sure that's what slavelite thinks ,,
Small American owned business will prevail when we start to realize that we need to join as an alliance instead of foes I believe we will prevail !
God bless America !
Or what the monopoly would say god bless Austria ,,

Alliance glass
Small American owned business will prevail when we start to realize that we need to join as an alliance instead of foes I believe we will prevail !
God bless America !

YOUR A FOOL !

Oh Really ?
Ooops
Oh Really ?
ALLIANCE AUTO GLASS
By the way all our customers are informed of what to do after they're new windshields are installed
1. no car washes for 3 day's
3. leave tape on for 24 hours (ppg brand wide 3" )

Leave tape on for 24 hours? Why? Unless cheap urethane is used that has some incredible long drive away time. Again good urethane has a safe drive away time of 45 minutes. And most good urethane with safe drive away time has less then 7 minutes working time before tacking up. So that windshield isn\\\\\\\'t going to move in in the pinchweld after 15 minutes after installation

Ooops...

We have a air conditioned shop. So yes it will cool off very fast in the summer time. For the 45 minute SDAT estimate. Go to SIKA website and see for yourself ASAP+ product specs.

Here you go,
>0 >32 >40 >55 >72 >95-120
>90% 45 45 60 60 60 60
>70% 45 45 60 60 60 60
>40% 45 45 60 60 60 60
>20% 45 45 60 60 60 60
>0% 45 45 60 60 60 60
Chart 1: SDAT for SikaTack®
ASAP+
Your AIR-CONDITIONER gets the shop BELOW 32 degrees??
I DON"T think so.
Ooops...

Is the Sika ASAP a hot applied urethane? Is it high modulus non conductive?

Ooops

Your AIR-CONDITIONER gets the shop BELOW 32 degrees??Ooops...

Yep

Ben
Is the Sika ASAP a hot applied urethane? Is it high modulus non conductive?

What planet have you been living on?

Temperature alone does not cure urethane. Humidity does. Temperature variances will also alter the ability for the air to hold moisture.

Heated urethane when used in a cold environment does not cure quicker. It's actually the opposite. Cold air cannot hold as much moisture as warm air. The urethane only seems to cure when it's just getting cold and more viscous.

If there is a heated product that actually cures quicker when it's colder, then it's not actually a urethane.

Slavelite has no clue besides making false accusations they are trolls and UNAMERICAN !

BL
Temperature alone does not cure urethane. Humidity does. Temperature variances will also alter the ability for the air to hold moisture.

Heated urethane when used in a cold environment does not cure quicker. It's actually the opposite. Cold air cannot hold as much moisture as warm air. The urethane only seems to cure when it's just getting cold and more viscous.

If there is a heated product that actually cures quicker when it's colder, then it's not actually a urethane.

Agreed, Heated urethane just skins over faster. Still has to dry internally after it skins.

Alliance glass
Slavelite has no clue besides making false accusations they are trolls and UNAMERICAN !

I don't work for them FOOL!.

Alliance glass
God bless America !

Get your facts straight. It is Belgium, not Austria.

Small American owned businesses will prevail when they get ba!!s enough to stop letting insurance companies dictate their prices and learn to bypass all the useless TPA's.

Really ?
Ooops

Your AIR-CONDITIONER gets the shop BELOW 32 degrees??Ooops...

Yep

Oh well, Oh Really and Really? are one in the same.
I responded to Oh Really? and Really? answered.
An air-conditioner that gets the shop below 32 degrees, Oh Really? Really?
Ooops...

D'Ieteren
2 reviews
Autodealer
Rue du Mail 50, 1050 Ixelles, Belgium
+32 2 536 51 11
Call
Directions
Website

LOL don't aggravate yourself acknowledging any arrogant self inflated Bel/Safe employee who crosses your path. Achieve peace & tranquility through the knowledge, sooner or later they find out the "we" is "them" as they stand on the unemployment line.
as always
JMO

Oh Really ?
ALLIANCE AUTO GLASS
By the way all our customers are informed of what to do after they\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re new windshields are installed
1. no car washes for 3 day\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s
3. leave tape on for 24 hours (ppg brand wide 3\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" )

1, 3, and 4 are not an issue if you have allowed the vehicle to drive away. 2 well possibly, while the vehicle will pass tests after safe drive away time, the urethane is still curing and there is still the possibility of flex occurring, but even then I'm not positive it will be a big issue unless you leave the car at some crazy lifted angle and allow the urethane to fully cure.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY ,,

ALLIANCE GLASS
BETTER THAN SORRY ,,

This best describes your company and autoglass replacement skills

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com