AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gold Explorer Moldings???

Did anyone know that Gold made Side moldings for an Explorer?? How do they fit?

Re: Gold Explorer Moldings???

Yes. They should. Call Pete.

They are junk. Only use dealer.

As of this past January we have had only positive reviews from the field. These side mouldings are a great alternative to the OEM and are less expensive. If Mr. I Know has any feedback for us please call and let us know 631-981-4277 and ask for Pete.

We installed 2 sets of these. They fit very well and are a great price versus the dealer. HTH

Thank you

Side moldings are reusable using clip kit PCK-1843-11 from Precision. Much more affordable than OE or aftermarket side moldings.

I have actually seen the GGG mouldings installed. They are as good as OEM. If I owned an Explorer I would use them on my vehicle.

Jamie Browning
I have actually seen the GGG mouldings installed. They are as good as OEM. If I owned an Explorer I would use them on my vehicle.

Nice!

This is a good thread. needs further info. Just looked at a 2014 explorer, came in for a chip, and it was the wife that said " oh my look at these a- pillar moldings. INTERESTING, she is pretty sharp.

Anyway, what years are they this way, they look to be clipped down. Clip kit needed or is there a way to release without busting the plastic c r a p?

Are these a 2 part for the sides? an inner and outer? Some have said they keep these on hand, but you would have to color paint match.

Or am I correct in that they need a clip kit? every time?

Talked to one tech, I was told the hack way, "rip em off glue em down." That is not MY way. More info appreciated.

Thanks guys! any smart azzerzers please bit thee tongue, and again thanks for your consideration.

2011- ^^^. Sometimes you can get away with just the clips from the dealer. We keep complete clips in stock for these from dealer. Also stock 2 sets of GGG moldings. We send out tech's with both and brings what he doesn't use

The clips on these would release if you could twist the clips. But there is no way you can twist them. So you pull the moldings apart and hope for the best. The retainers that hold the clips usually snap off and sometimes the clips themselves fall apart. It's a crap shoot when you do one. We always warn the customer that they might need all 4. HTH

Do it right
This is a good thread. needs further info. Just looked at a 2014 explorer, came in for a chip, and it was the wife that said " oh my look at these a- pillar moldings. INTERESTING, she is pretty sharp.

Anyway, what years are they this way, they look to be clipped down. Clip kit needed or is there a way to release without busting the plastic c r a p?

Are these a 2 part for the sides? an inner and outer? Some have said they keep these on hand, but you would have to color paint match.

Or am I correct in that they need a clip kit? every time?

Talked to one tech, I was told the hack way, "rip em off glue em down." That is not MY way. More info appreciated.

Thanks guys! any smart azzerzers please bit thee tongue, and again thanks for your consideration.

I think it is like anything, it sometimes has to do with your skillset to remove the moldings. If your a gentle person your going to have less issues than a savage that grips and rips.

Ken, you are correct. Finesse and procedure are the keys to a successful and safe installation. At GGG we strive to provide solutions to issues that arise in the field.

Mark,

If I ever decide to rip a molding off I will make sure I have a GGG molding handy to put back in its place. My only complaint about your product is the lack of it at my distributor. They have 50 windshield in that need moldings and no Moldings...

Skillset, Finesse and Procedure, Gentle????????? You have to pry a bunch of clips out of holes that they don't want to come out of and there is no way to fold in the barbs that catch. What does Skillset, Finesse,Procedure and being Gentle have to do with this? We have found that letting the vehicle sit in the sun and cook for a while will result in less damage when removing the moldings but some usually break.

Lee,

Golly gee someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.. Go back to making movie glass, something that requires a special skill set.

Ken
Kindly explain your skill set for removing these. I'm sure everyone would like to know.

Although my reply was vague, I was talking about moldings in general and not specific to the explorer moldings. Sorry for that Lee, and I am sorry I was ignorant to you. But I really think that it takes a special skillset to duplicate a windshield.

Ken

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com