AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Reapair Resin

Just trying to get some opinions on repair resin. I have a Glassweld system for about 18 years it has served me well. I used to buy NVS Optikleer, really liked that resin. Of course Glassweld I have used, but im wondering is there a resin out there that some of you really like above all other? Like I said NVS, when you factor the cost and the quality, in mt opinion was the best. Also anyone using the new glassweld system? How does it compare to the older provac. Not the provac 2000. Bought mine in 1995. I want to buy the best resin possible, and of course all manufacturers state theirs is best. The front line repair shops I figure will give me the best (honest) answers. Thanks for your time, Monkey Man! Oh yeah one other thing depending on the break I will mix my resin (thin or thick) accordingly based on temp., type of break, and severity. Ive had very good success.New accounts usually say " Thats the best repair I think Ive ever seen". The resin is made by same manuf. However im looking to try some other brands. You are thinking if I am getting such good results why change. The answer is I believe it is due to mixing the resin and changing viscosity the repairs are looking as best as possible. Whenever you can get a thicker resin in a break it tends to look better. Of course summer is best for that!

Re: Reapair Resin

Personally I am using a New GlassWeld Provac I love it, there resin is well thought out. With that being said there resin in a delta kit works amazing. I like the 2010 Gray.

I think I might compete in the Repair Olympics this year I have been training for it.

Liquid Resins International is the best. NVS never had any adhesive strength. Get Red Cap resin or Green Cap resin for the best results.
JMHO

Thanks I will try it for sure!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com