AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2004 Freightliner Century Class

Good thing you quoted this. Nobody could have figured out what you were talking about.

OG
Good thing you quoted this. Nobody could have figured out what you were talking about.

I did it with people like you in mind.......

Shane
Skylight window replacement on a double sleeper cab. Never tackled one of these, but am willing to try. I was wondering if any of the experts out there could give me some insight on a job like this, do's, don'ts, tips, etc.
Thank you!

The last one I have done was a few years ago, It was a rubber set style and you can do this from inside the truck. You will need a small step ladder, if it is rubber set..
If it is a glue in, Well like XS said hope you have some scaffold, or 2 tall ladders you can run a 2x10 thru as a walking plank

I have done several of these.... There glued in with a molding you have to get from the dealer, I do everything from the inside with a 3 step step ladder, The glass is laminated, cut from the inside and remove it... step up and remove the old ury, easy except just in on all 4 corners the fiberglass body lifts up and makes it hard to get the old ury out in this area, I run the glue on the glass and with cups run the part up past the opening and set it down on the body, with a little force I pull on the cups to make sure it is set properly, don't pull down to hard, I broke one once this way, If you want hop up on the engine block and lean up and tap the glass to make sure it is set properly. Guessing I have done 40 or so of these this way, Glass will probably be in a Taylor Made box, and I hope you got a molding with it, If not, 105 or 108 will work. (Practice setting the new one a few times without glue)

have done many of these, but we do them from the outside. I guess everyone has a different approach. I personally think the dealer molding is JUNK..

Thanks guys!! I appreciate all the info, very helpful! The truck should be in here in a couple hours. Wish us luck haha

So how did it turn out, hope it went well.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com