AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: F J Cruiser windshield

these are really a pretty easy removal. i will use a window bone and slightly lift the corner and use an extractor blade and slice the urethane in all spots across the top. clips should remove easily afterward.

Careful on these, Notorious roof leaker from toyota.

LYNX / State Farm tried to charge us for water damage to customers headliner. Toyota dealer said our windshield leaked causing damage. After we went out to water test and inspect. water was leaking through roof rack. I yelled at dealer for wasting my time! there was water spots in headliner in rear cargo area.

LYNX is a joke, no research at all just took customers word and tried to bill us for 2k! anyway to bill State Farm directly and not go through LYNX?

mobile auto glass
Careful on these, Notorious roof leaker from toyota.

LYNX / State Farm tried to charge us for water damage to customers headliner. Toyota dealer said our windshield leaked causing damage. After we went out to water test and inspect. water was leaking through roof rack. I yelled at dealer for wasting my time! there was water spots in headliner in rear cargo area.

LYNX is a joke, no research at all just took customers word and tried to bill us for 2k! anyway to bill State Farm directly and not go through LYNX?

Mobile auto glass. I too have seen so many vehicles that leak from the roof rack, and I have had 2 myself. 95 Jimmy, and a 97 astro van, both had roof rack issues. There are MANY,MANY, More.

YES Lynx is a joke, no doubt there. Now to your question about billing The farm directly. All I can say is WOW. I have billed the farm for 30 years directly, and I have billed through Lynx when appropriate. Just depends on how workable Lynx was. No 2 jobs are the same, and I don't treat them the same. Every job stands on it's own. Auto glass installation is not a commodity and never will be for me.

Why is it so many glass shops are so unsure of how to conduct business? It boggles my mind that so many have no clue how to run a simple business.

Is there some magical force that prevents you from billing the party responsible for your repair work? If there is such a force please enlighten me. THERE ARE NO INSURANCE COMPANIES THAT CAN NOT BE BILLED DIRECTLY.

So, you have not done the research to figure out who you should bill to, ok, so now take a new stand. Look up who you need to bill,and find out by looking for it, where to send your bill. It really is not that hard, but It is not easy. OK? If it was easy every dumb stick could do it.

If you are a mobile only, 1 man band it is still possible to direct bill. You need to have a working relationship with them before they will take you seriously. I did not build my relationships over night it took years of dedication. Overall, when you have the right person to connect to, the farm is workable,,,,, for now. But just wait,,, they are making some really stupid changes that will set them up for even more law suits. and if they stay on the wrong path they will pay dearly. The direct bill path you seek can only be conquered by those who are willing to give it all, or will do whatever it takes to get paid fairly.

Direct Billing is only for independent shops who have the guts and fortitude to follow though, get paid, and make a profit. The rest of you will not be around much longer, because you will be driven out of business..... Time to stand up an fight for what you are worth. enough said.

Sounds to me like MAG said he did bill SF directly. It's easy to do. Just send the bill and assignment of proceeds to SF Glass Central in Bloomington, IL.

Ive done my brothers F J 4 times in 4 years. Replaced the molding on the last install, but really didn't have too. He was hell bent on oem, so he went thru his insurance. I suggested a new one, however the old one was not bent at all. The difference I was the only one to replace his ws and it wasn't hacked. Ive done a bunch with only once requiring a new molding because it was ng.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com