AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: pro-grip primerless urethane

xs
cheapo
Buy cheap, sell cheaper, crap from crap is still crap. GO FOR IT. I want the cheapest garbage so I can install 99.00 w/s's I am the CHEAPEST EVER, are you proud of me? MR.CHEAPO

REALLY ???.... Who the F--K does $99.00 windshields ????!!!! They should be shot and boiled in Camel oil......

I agree XS the 99 dollar guys are insane.

P2G & P2G+ as stated are not the same.

What is more disturbing to me is the amount of people using 828 and 838 (838 is the sausage version as I understand) its CHEAP like THREE FIVE a case for tubes if you use them, but its cure time is insane.

I use to use 418HV and thought it was amazing, but over the years as I understand the 418HV 20 years ago and the product now is not even near what it was because of the Primer less component of the urethane...

I had a lady wreck a car less than 1 hour after installing a windshield with 418HV, luckily she did not pop her air bags. but it did break the seal.... When I found out that out, I went out and switched to whatever it was at the time Essex had it was these HUGE sausage tubes, I am not sure if it was express at that time or what. I can spend $$ more a job to sleep at night, my lively hood , and peoples lives are worth the extra money.

It is so irresponsible for someone to 828 a car and not give anyone, any sort of reasonable expectation on when they can actually safely drive a vehicle.

We all point our guns at Safelite, but at the end of the day they are using quality Glue, a quality that most people will not give there customers....

And do not even get me started on people that do not use primer :( makes me sick how many people just simply do not care about anyone but themselves.

Sika

Ever tried Dinol ? Great product, reasonably priced. They have 30 minute, 1 hour and 3 hour. I use for my own installations and also wholesale it. Switched from ASAP and have never looked back.

I strongly disagree Dinotrol can not hold a candle to ASAP. Nothing Sika makes can even come close. Also with Dinotrol you have to prime the windshield with black primer... At least with ASAP your have the nice clear prep to the windshield. With that being said its not a slam on Dino , its just the facts.

Glass Shop Owner
Ever tried Dinol ? Great product, reasonably priced. They have 30 minute, 1 hour and 3 hour. I use for my own installations and also wholesale it. Switched from ASAP and have never looked back.

I believe those drive times are for cars that have no air bags.....

ASAP+ has the ability to release a vehicle with dual air bags in about 45 minutes..

You both need schooled on your knowledge of Dinol products.

Ns
You both need schooled on your knowledge of Dinol products.

Well school us..... I'm always willing to learn

xs
Glass Shop Owner

ASAP+ has the ability to release a vehicle with dual air bags in about 45 minutes..

You believe WRONG. They are WITH airbags.
Dinitrol DOES NOT promote safe drive times WITHOUT air bags....
ASAP+ is 45 minutes, less than 40 degrees, 1 hour above 40 degrees.
Ooops...

Ooops
xs
Glass Shop Owner

You believe WRONG. They are WITH airbags.
Dinitrol DOES NOT promote safe drive times WITHOUT air bags....
ASAP+ is 45 minutes, less than 40 degrees, 1 hour above 40 degrees.
Ooops...

Okay, I'm Wrong. No biggie. Whats the big deal about being "WRONG" Can't be rite all the time. But I'll stick to my Sika ASAP+. Im not looking to go cheap..

sika asap is a great product i can not complain. pro grip was used at safelite to train trainees.

Shatter-Proof ICON......... 1/2 hour drive away in all weather. non-condusive
high modulas...

$.02
Shatter-Proof ICON......... 1/2 hour drive away in all weather. non-condusive
high modulas...

****ter Proof where do you buy this? and who really makes it , no one knows!

Keith, if you want to stay P2g, stay with the good stuff. Either Dow or Sika. As for Dinol, I've been using their 9000 in the sausage pack for about a month and a half since I left the big franchise (best move I ever made besides leaving SL), and the black primer is just like the stuff that Dow is using on their BetaSeal products, green cap and all. Dinol seems to be pretty good stuff. I like it.

CaptFubar
Keith, if you want to stay P2g, stay with the good stuff. Either Dow or Sika. As for Dinol, I've been using their 9000 in the sausage pack for about a month and a half since I left the big franchise (best move I ever made besides leaving SL), and the black primer is just like the stuff that Dow is using on their BetaSeal products, green cap and all. Dinol seems to be pretty good stuff. I like it.

where do you buy the stuff at

Not sure. The owner of the company buys direct from Dinol

thanks
CaptFubar

where do you buy the stuff at

Where are you located?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com