AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 36 x 60 solex 1/4 in lami in jersey

This is who my buddy who does flat uses for flat glass sheets
http://www.bossglass.com/

markk, I just googled flat glass in Jersey. there are many choices. don't you have a flat glass distributor that you already use for all flat glass? I can't even imagine that in your market you don't have distributors ready to help you with solex lami. I could be wrong but I am in a very remote area and I have a very tough time getting certain types of glass, but really in JERSEY? How many auto glass distributors do you use and how many flat glass distributors do you use to service your needs for flat glass. from what I see you have multiple choices...... you have me confused by your request.

^^^^^ Perhaps he is looking for a flat glass shop that was local to him that had it laying around or a scrap piece that was that size... My buddy does that with other flat glass guys that are local... Most of them help each other out instead of the auto glass guys trying to stick each other....

I can get bigger sheets the boat windows are 30 x34 looks like 34 windows total bigger sheets would be a lot of waste. plus moving and storing big sheets.. our local wharehouse can get the sheets in 4 to 5 weeks. we are at the southern most point of new jersey. we get 36 x48 clear and tints and 36x60 clear all the time. customer wants tint on the boat. if we cant get the size we need i.ll price it out with the bigger sheets

Hey xs, no disrespect, but a 36 x 60 solex is NOT a scrap piece. If you are familiar with flat glass that is not just a cut off dude. come on now! maybe your buddy does allot of HUGE stuff and maybe for him that is a scrap. But really in the real world of flat glass that is not a scrap. That is a major piece of glass.

And yes us glass guys do help each other out when we can but really dude? do you really understand the piece he his talking about? Flat glass guys never stick it to each other that only happens in auto glass. enough said.

what?
Hey xs, no disrespect, but a 36 x 60 solex is NOT a scrap piece. If you are familiar with flat glass that is not just a cut off dude. come on now! maybe your buddy does allot of HUGE stuff and maybe for him that is a scrap. But really in the real world of flat glass that is not a scrap. That is a major piece of glass.

And yes us glass guys do help each other out when we can but really dude? do you really understand the piece he his talking about? Flat glass guys never stick it to each other that only happens in auto glass. enough said.

Pardon my ignorance in the flat game biz. Im not in that part of the game. Only can make summarize from observations in a few of my buddies flat glass shops. I see big sheets with runs that he saves to cut down. And yes he does do some very big construction site projects.

AS1 36X60 GTN FYG T Methuen, MA

Mygrant in Ma. It dosen't give me the #'s of lites. They can probably get more and the price is right. HTH

Lee
AS1 36X60 GTN FYG T Methuen, MA

Mygrant in Ma. It dosen't give me the #'s of lites. They can probably get more and the price is right. HTH

Lee, Methuen to South Jersey is over 350 miles.
Do they have it at the old Bartelstone location??
Ooops...

By the way Markk, are you a glass shop or a consumer?
If you are a consumer try South Jersey Glass.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com