AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New "Quality Manager" Safelite DCC

Is that like Army Intelligence?

or

AGRR well written informative Article.

Just sayin

What?
I will put SL quality up against yours anytime and place for how ever much money you can afford.
We will have Jamie b judge the contest.
When your are ready to have your quality judged you can then talk shhhh here.

SL techs have quality checks every day if they have poor quality they are fired.
That is the reason there are so many angry techs on here talking smack about SL
They got fired bc They s u c k.
I have worked for 4 glass companies in my 30 plus years and I have never seen a company do better work or been more concerned with quality as SL.
Just because you want the big dog to be bad doesn't mean they are.
You don't see anyone here talking about your quality because there isn't any.

Mr dot
What?
I will put SL quality up against yours anytime and place for how ever much money you can afford.
We will have Jamie b judge the contest.
When your are ready to have your quality judged you can then talk shhhh here.

SL techs have quality checks every day if they have poor quality they are fired.
That is the reason there are so many angry techs on here talking smack about SL
They got fired bc They s u c k.
I have worked for 4 glass companies in my 30 plus years and I have never seen a company do better work or been more concerned with quality as SL.
Just because you want the big dog to be bad doesn't mean they are.
You don't see anyone here talking about your quality because there isn't any.

Since independents are not allowed to compete in the Best of Belron. Obvious reason's we don't work there. There is no rule that the Best of Belron champion's can't compete in the Auto Glass Week " Where the Industry Comes Together ". Belron is a part of the industry... Correct??? We can see how Belron's best technician stacks against the independents.....

Mr Dot you are delusional. You cannot speak of the quality of workmanship that I have maintained for over 30 years because you do not know me, or who I am or what my business name is, so you have absolutely no clue. As for safelite, yes we see poor workmanship regularly.

With over 30 years in this industry, by FAR the worst workmanship I have first hand witnessed, comes from big box shops that push their techs to do QUANTITY and little regard for Quality. I have known personally, many safelite techs over the years, the story remains the same. Quality and numbers do not mix and never will.

I do not need to or have any desire to prove you wrong. It is not worth my time, I am not cheap. I don't have to prove you wrong, the proof is in the installs by safelite, we see weekly.

Let's talk about having my quality judged. OK Let's play.
I have talked with many of the top insurers executives, because I direct bill most all of them. I have asked them 1 simple question: How many warrentee issues or call backs have you had from my company? Their answer, They HAVE NONE! Plain and simple. I have not had a warrentee issue in over 10 years. My hands are on every install my shop does. So is my reputation.

My quality stands on it's own based upon my customers who will only allow me to do their work. That my friend you cannot buy, you have to earn it. But that is something you most likely cannot understand because you think with all the hype and advertising, safelite must be the best. Oh how wrong that is.

Now I am not saying you don't have any good techs. You have to have a few good techs but push them too hard and they will not care about safelite's bottom line, just their own. EVERYTIME.

So, you too have been in this bis 30 years and you say you never seen a company do better work? REALLY. that sir is a truly sad statement. All I can say is you have worked for allot of Low quality shops, And probably never had your own name on the bottom line. And that is most likely the difference. You must have been and are a paid stooge. Most likely you never had the intestinal fortitude and guts it takes to run your own business. That is your downfall.

Last thing, yes no one talks about my lack of quality, but they do talk about my quality. My customers know who to trust and have for MANY years.

Mr Dot you make me laugh! I stick to my statement"Quality, Manager, and safelite all in the same sentence has to be a typo".

Mr. What that was very well written and to the point and you sir are 100 percent correct. XS the Best of Belron was there tail between there leg answer to glass weeks competition of the best installers in the country in a fair competition. There is no way they could face being beaten by there competition, so they created there own competition with not a chance the company as a whole could loose. Mr. Dot you stated that you have thirty years in this business? I can tell by your writing style and pronunciation that you are lucky if you have even hit puberty yet, let alone thirty years!

buddboy
Mr. What that was very well written and to the point and you sir are 100 percent correct. XS the Best of Belron was there tail between there leg answer to glass weeks competition of the best installers in the country in a fair competition. There is no way they could face being beaten by there competition, so they created there own competition with not a chance the company as a whole could loose. Mr. Dot you stated that you have thirty years in this business? I can tell by your writing style and pronunciation that you are lucky if you have even hit puberty yet, let alone thirty years!

Well if you claim to be the BEST. You gonna have to compete with the BEST to see who is going to be the BEST.... Hey the Best of Belron champion mite come out as the winner or score the silver or bronze. No shame is coming in top 3. But nothing like bring home the GOLD.... Bring it BIG or go home small....

Guy's don't take this wrong but not all Safelite tech's are horrible.
While I agree with there poor management as in my area they put 2 guy's in that have less than 10 years experience and have never been NGA Master Certified which I thought was a requirement? Both do nothing all day and don't even bother to lift a finger to help anyone. So sad to see a company that recruits management from the whinny babies and job threats if they don't get a position that is not deserved.

The Best of Belron competition is by far a joke after what I witnessed.

The company could be the best if it was not for poor management.

I was a judge at BOB a few years ago and witnessed the competition in my town and in Columbus. The competition is real, but also staged. These guys train to the standards of the competition and are very, very good at performing to the standards of the competition. Also, they are usually very good techs on the street. The BOB proves they can repair a windshield, replace a windshield, change out a door glass, deal with customers complaint, get a survey filled out and clean up the work sight. Guy that does that the best gets the crown. BOB is not meant to duplicate the 6-10 installs a tech is assigned during any given day.

(ex employee here. Dislike the company and their legal gymnastics, but feel the need to bring some clarity to the situation).

Peace my Brothers

I agree.
I spoke with a tech that is getting 6-7 jobs per day. He has told his Quality Manager that there is know way to drive the miles, use wire, one tech and detail car in a normal day and that he doesnt use all the tools on every job. The funny part is that "Quality Manager" knows this and does nothing about it.......

You guys have such absolute nothing in your lives or business you fell it necessary to comment on a position at SL
How pathetic?

You guys have such absolute nothing in your lives or business you fell it necessary to comment on a position at SL
How pathetic?

Its even more pathetic to be a drone working there defending them. And its "FEEL" not fell Einstein.

The QM better get to work real quick b/c there is no one easier to take business away from than SL. And, their glass has the worst reputation in the marketplace.

Hey Observer you should buy a cheap toy deputy badge and pin it on his chest.Tell him to raise his right hand then take the oath as a deputy for the SLAVELITE POLICE DEPT.

Once again this forum is a joke. STILL. So go ahead and bring your lame a$$ DRONE and slave lite jokes. Womp womp. I could give two $hits about how $hitty your shop is doing or how bad A$$ of a technician you are. Until this forum weeds out all of the crybaby SL threads it will continue to suck. More auto glass technical threads and less SL bull$hit.

The end.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com