AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TRAINEE TOOLS

New employee needs state of the art auto glass tools. I see no reason to buy anything but the latest and best tools.
additionally, are there any training schools for auto glass technicians out there that are worth it. Hands on trainging only?

Re: TRAINEE TOOLS

In my opinion on training for some people NO. For others yes, with that being said there is no better training than real world training, however if your trainer is a hack then its worthless.. Are you wanting to work for yourself or someone else? If someone else some shops are set in there ways my friend up north can not use any power tools or long knifes.... I would love to see him do a DW1451... I don't know what kind of wire that would take to cut out but I am sure it would be a struggle even for a great Tool like the Glass Bot, and not fun setting with a Lil Buddy...

If your going to work for Safelite do not buy anything, they give you the big blue box of tools... and make you use wire for everything... and the drones are watching.....

Larry is correct. If your trainer isn't worth a Sh@# then the trainee will never know what a quality jobs is like.

No there is no tool out there that will ever train someone to remove or replace a glass, It's all on how you understand the concept of glass work.

You can take anyone out there and show them everyday for 3 months, on what to do and the proper procedures, they will find a way to mess it up. If your not mechanically inclined I am sorry but glass is not for you.. you work on customers car, trucks , house , business, and have to be told how to do it every day. It would be time to get out and find a new profession..

And there is no 1 "Easy button" to give you all the tools you might need. I just found a set of door glass spinners I have not used in 10 years, but i have them and without them on OLD chevy's its a mofo to spin out the attachments for the doors.

I would say do not waste your money on a AGRR training school IMO its no good I sent 2 of my partners there, neither one could do anything after they got out but all they could tell me is how talented the trainer was and how they had all this experience... I wont say the trainer its not fair to them, but its obvious to me the class was a look how talented i am , kind of like Sean Parker in that face book movie talking about how great he was....

Heck. I still have my first hatchet and crowbar, what else do you need? Wimps!!!!!!

OG
Heck. I still have my first hatchet and crowbar, what else do you need? Wimps!!!!!!

What happen to your butcher's apron ????

It's at the Smithsonian.

OG
It's at the Smithsonian.

So should you !!!!!

Go to round rock and let someone who's never actually done auto glass teach you how. What a joke just cause they sell tools they think they really know the trade.

Really? Round Rock now has Jason Horne. (not taking anything away from Gil either) I worked with Jason for MANY, MANY years and I can tell you, he is a top shelf TECH! Not to mention a GOLD winner in the Auto Glass Olympics! Not sure where you are getting your info but you should check your source before spewing garbage!

Jason and Gil have replaced many a windshields and are very good at it.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com