AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: E-Bay and Mygrant?

1) Mygrant does not allow us to pickup or ship in other states that we are not incorporated.

2) 2 of the 5 majors use ebay sellers to sell direct to consumer

3) 1 of the 5 majors is fully integrated from install to TPA

4) If Mygrant did allow it, would it be so bad? 235.00 is healthy price + local installers can be suggested opposed to "steering"

5) Bigger companies than Mygrant are doing it NOW, and probably getting the install jobs in addition to the much lower margins than your example. I dont want this message to get pulled but I can list 10 ebay sellers that have "100+ pickup locations on ebay"

Please tell me why it would be bad? I genuinlly would like to understand the negative strain it applies to the market? Thank you.

Mygrant does NOT support this ask them!

No deception I can assure you. We ship everything from CA. I hope all is well with you. I owe you a free windshield, I apoligize for that. Hope business is good. -John

Oh your the AutoGlassNow guy?

That was a tough one John. You really disappeared after that and customer really lost faith in us after that was promised. I understand we all have gone thru some tough stuff. I am here.

So I noticed that all of your "warehouses" disappeared from your ebay store after this post went up. Do you no longer offer customers to be able to pick up the glass at one of your 50+ warehouses?

John

1) Mygrant does not allow us to pickup or ship in other states that we are not incorporated.

2) 2 of the 5 majors use ebay sellers to sell direct to consumer

3) 1 of the 5 majors is fully integrated from install to TPA

4) If Mygrant did allow it, would it be so bad? 235.00 is healthy price + local installers can be suggested opposed to "steering"

5) Bigger companies than Mygrant are doing it NOW, and probably getting the install jobs in addition to the much lower margins than your example. I dont want this message to get pulled but I can list 10 ebay sellers that have "100+ pickup locations on ebay"

Please tell me why it would be bad? I genuinlly would like to understand the negative strain it applies to the market? Thank you.
Why dont you put a link to the ebay listing for these so called "others" that are doing it. if you dont talk price it will not get deleted from here so tell us who the 2 big people using companies to sell on ebay are?

Who is independent and bigger than Mygrant?????

Larry: No there is another AGN on this site.

ProSource: Very sorry, would love to make it up to you.

Curious (aka whiskers): Try searching "1965 mustand windshield"

Don't think so: Thanks for the kind words, didnt know about that link, thanks

I have still yet to understand why this would be a bad thing? Thank you.

Well someone sold a windshield on Ebay in Raleigh, NC and for some reason the guy is calling ME to pick it up. I was like how did you get my phone # he said he cant find PGW so some how he ended up with me I told him no clue man... 309 Chapanoke Rd #107, Raleigh, NC 27603 is where he said he wanted to go...

Not me bud.... I guess that PGW lets random people pick up parts under an account??? NO CLUE

I looked John, I found 2 people doing it. If you dont think this hurts the industry to allow regular people to pick up glass from a wholesaler you are nuts. This will drive down the market because when everyone starts doing it then anyone will be able to buy for dollars over cost. Then TPA and insurance companies will start buying glass and paying labor only to have it installed or use this pricing to lower everyone's price to do the job.Shame on any wholesaler who turn a blind eye to this. Also you know people who buy off of ebay dont know how to install them safely. I watched your video and saw your website, this is the used car sales man of the glass industry. SO why did you take down the list of over 50 warehouses you have across the country? Where is the list of 10 other people doing it at? You put yourself out here so why dont you answer the questions

Larry
Well someone sold a windshield on Ebay in Raleigh, NC and for some reason the guy is calling ME to pick it up. I was like how did you get my phone # he said he cant find PGW so some how he ended up with me I told him no clue man... 309 Chapanoke Rd #107, Raleigh, NC 27603 is where he said he wanted to go...

Not me bud.... I guess that PGW lets random people pick up parts under an account??? NO CLUE

So why didn't you go and pick it up to find out what was going on??? There was your chance to find out.
Ooops...

I can pull the call I have the guys who conversation and his phone # when you got 2 lines on hold you do not car about what does not pay

Larry, you been drinking again?

No smiley I only drink at Glass Shows mainly.... Never been much of a drinker outside of that...

Curious, Yes I have put myself out there.I would ask that you do the same? What is your name? What is the name of your company? While I do not send my customers to other warehouses at the moment its somthing we have considered and tested in the past. The listing you referenced was from 2010 and unattended to. When brought to our attention it was removed. Simple as that. In response to your aggressive comments; A wise man considers all options and uses the information he has to make the best decision at the time. In my opinion a good business man does not call people nuts and certainly does not tell people to be ashamed of themselves when having an open and honest conversation. If you would like to continue to have an open conversation with me I suggest you change your tone.

I am not sure who you are attacking here? Me, or large Wholesalers? I am proud of what we do at our business. We provide jobs, give back to the community and have the rare oppurtunity to use our work to do good things in this world. We do not create a press release everytime we give back. It is a blessing to work with the people at my company and everyone enjoys coming to work as a result.

While ebay is only certain % of our business, I would respectfully say that you are incorrect about the customer base. Your "guessing" that they dont know how to install a glass? How do you know who our customers are? Do you sell on ebay? Your turn to answer some questions, I am "guessing" that your response will be aggressive and full of unsupported statments.

No rebuttal c urious? I saw Road shield on a commercial yesterday, it was the first auto glass commercial in a while that didnt have tha jingle I love to hate it Sounds to me like he kept it real when you called him out and your ran for the hills. Its not this guy and mygrant my rep assured me. I was in a pilk the other day and there was someone setting up a second credit card machine and I am pretty sure it was for consumers cause my card never gets run there. I also hear they give pictures to there pet accounts? I asked but no reply?

I will answer his questions when he stops dodging mine. instead of answering my questions he is afraid to so he is asking questions to change the subject.

where are you John?????

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com