AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: As the Juggernaut Rolls On, Here’s a Conspiracy Theory for You

Prohibition doesn't work. They can't put the genie back in the bottle since TPAs control only part of the pie.

Sglass
Play Ball
I can see why paranoid has indentified the plan, but I don't see the effects happening. (maybe should be labeled: cause and effect)

Barriers to entry are so low that all the spun off AGRR folks that take jobs at WalMart - would rush in to fill the void when all the Brick & Morters go out of busines. Lay an ambitious tech off and he starts his own gig when he cleans out his pick up and throws a glass rack up there. Too many gents can install a windshield that doesn't leak... and buy it from Service or PGW or Pilk or Mygrant. all it takes is his credit card and you got one more guy buying at true wholesale and another competitor.

I think you may have missed my point. BIG TPA comes out against mobile installs. People would believe their "Insurance Co." is telling them mobile installs are verboten & demand in shop installs. Thus eliminating a major portion of their competition over night.

I think you may have missed my point. BIG TPA comes out against mobile installs. People would believe their "Insurance Co." is telling them mobile installs are verboten & demand in shop installs. Thus eliminating a major portion of their competition over night.

Sglass , A Ball Player will not ever GET THE POINT, why? because they are a ball player. enough said.

Sglass
From the minds of "I'm not paranoid, They really are out to get me!!"
Plan:
1.Promote mobile service and getting rid of brick & mortar shops. Quietly buy large chains of brick & mortar locations.

2.Wholesale glass & supplies extremely cheap to all your competitors.

3.Insert yourself between Indies and the Insurance Companies. This will give you strong control of market pricing, how and where the work will be done.

Effect:
1a. Once most shops are gone, denounce mobile installs as unsafe & extremely damaging to the cars & puts the occupants at extreme risk. This will immediately cut a MAJOR portion of your nationwide competition due to their lack of shops or being geared to mostly mobile service.
2a. Greatly reduce Independent wholesalers selling to Indies & raise your wholesale prices to remaining Indie AGR shops. Make a lot of parts unavailable to Indies and keep for your own use.
3a. once you denounce mobile service you can divest your TPA of all mobile operators & have a legitimate reason for having replacements done in your own locations. Raise prices to Insurance Companies.

Sglass, in the famous words of POGO, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com