AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dw 1817 Cadillac SRX Rain Sensor Not working now

Hi there I was wondering if changing the windshield out has helped your issue? We are having the same problem with a DW1817 GTY FYG & PPG. We have also had it calibrated and it is still not working.!

We have seen a few of these have bad lenses on the aftermarket parts. The inside surface of the new lens looks rough as though somebody sanded it. It should be shiny (it's an optical component after all). Replacing with dealer glass fixes the problem.

Just installed on late Friday afternoon/evening using a Pilk glass. We'll see what I walk into on Monday morning.

yes

We recently installed a GBY XYG and are encountering the same problem. We took the vehicle into the Cadillac dealership and had a rain sensor diagnostic run on it. They said the rain sensor was working fine but there wasn't a "cutout in the frit" for the rain sensor to read through the windshield. Also, we have contacted our distributors and asked them if there is a gel pack for this windshield. I did the installation myself and don't remember seeing any gel but they are listing the GGS901 sensor tak gel or the precut GGS1659. So does this rain sensor actually need gel and if so, the shape of the rain sensor is totally different from the gel pad that is listed. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The DW01817 current application for a replacement GGG Rain Sensor PAD is the GGS 915 PAD or the Kit GGS 915 KIT. The Sensor lens should come on the windshield.
You may call me 603-483-2435.

Thanks again for the feedback Mark. It was a pleasure talking with you. We went to the Cadillac dealership and saw the differences between an OEM GM windshield which was GTY and a generic XYG windshield which was GBY. I agree with your thought that the blue shade is probably inhibiting the rain sensor from detecting rain through the windshield. We are going to go to PGW to take a look at their DW 1817 GTY. Hopefully that will solve the issue. Going to lose money on this one but sometimes in this industry that's what it takes to keep a customer happy. I'll let you know how it goes.

Glad you are able to make a determination for a fix for your customer.

you can always go to www.gggcorp.com and look up part specific stuff!! Great people over at GGG (yes I am a fan boy!)

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com