AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Leak with major damages on 11 Sienna

M
1-Tech works great. Cant buy it on the open market

E-Bay is open market... You can buy almost anything and everything there !!!! Where price is no object for the rite bidder.....

John Allen - LEAKPRO
We have seen this leak from the factory. This is all we do, is fix leaks. I look at this exact same situation last summer, I was called in by the windshield guy who put in an a/m w/shield two months earlier, car was towed in fuse block fried. It was 100% the windshield, I felt bad, glass guy said sorry paid the bill actually discounted to $4,500.00. He is still doing work for that dealer group. It was said earlier you have to be a man and own up to your mistakes...No one is perfect. In this case the top corner of the bead "folded" over just a bit and the water ran down the "A" pillar, built up in the bottom of the windshield and spilled in.

Any questions you guys can e mail me or call me. www.leakpro.com

This is actually one of the easiest windshields for me to replace. Urethane cuts easy, cowl and wipers come off and on with ease. I do everything by the book and this job still only takes me no more than 40 to 45 minutes including prep and all paperwork. Although all modern vehicles bonded with urethane require a specific volume of urethane be applied to ensure the integrity of the engineering from the factory has been restored. These types of applications in particular require precision bead placement and decking to avoid unsightly squeeze in or rolling out between the molding and the body, thus causing a leak like this one. I do these all the time, never have a problem because my setting system allows me to easily precisely place the windshield in the exact location by calibrating the system to the original factory installation. I never worry if the bead rolled. You can't see through the frit, you want to be confident that bead didn't roll! $4500.00 goes a long way towards the purchase of professional equipment!

Dow urethane applied to the glass after proper prep, two skilled installers setting the glass with suction cups, problem solved (or avoided)

xs
M

E-Bay is open market... You can buy almost anything and everything there !!!! Where price is no object for the rite bidder.....

I'm not sure where I read it, but I did read somewhere that Belron monitors eBay for sales of its proprietary equipment. If it can be established that the buyer was aware or should have been aware that the tool was "stolen" there could be a legal issue. At the time I read it I think I was scanning for a wire tool.

Mr.Phil
xs
M

I'm not sure where I read it, but I did read somewhere that Belron monitors eBay for sales of its proprietary equipment. If it can be established that the buyer was aware or should have been aware that the tool was "stolen" there could be a legal issue. At the time I read it I think I was scanning for a wire tool.

Phil,

I've seen almost everything Slavelite considers proprietary equipment on sale on E-Bay. From Razhead repairs kits to 1Techs and everything in between. It had a similar question in a razhead repair kit. The original E-bay seller stated that it was bought thru a storage unit auction. Purchases thru E-Bay has buyer protection. So they wont come after you. They will going after the seller. We personally don't buy Slavelite proprietary equipment. My opinion is that its not what its hyped up to be.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com