AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Small Shops See a Slowing But Bel/Safe Backed Up

We had someone today that says when he called for a quote it would be 2 days. He said he couldn't wait. At that point he was told " no one else will do it right."
My customer had timely service and quality installation, but that is not what is being spewed to people. This was a cash job who called the number thinking they provided service 24 hours a day. This is the stuff that small shops must contend with daily.
We take pride in our work. We give our best service to every customer.
What a shame that sl has to bash the work of a shop they know nothing about.

Does m stand for meatball or moron

Yes : )

DAG You guys on here do it everyday.

Does DANO stand for Da-Know Nada . .

Guys and Girls what's wrong with the people on here?
I go to work, learn, teach, Interract with my customers, do the installs (JUST AS YOU) some maybe better some maybe not, never said i was the best but for example lets say a 2014 jeep cherokee i did today, Mirror off, wipers off, cowl off, wired (or can cold knife as there is plenty room to do it) Didnt scratch so just cleaned the pinchweld, shot a V Bead and set. The 7 guys and 44 jobs we did today all went smooth and all customers got a survey and 40 sent in already with all good things to say. What more can we ask? I'm a tech not the owner or a suit that sit's at a desk. I come here and all i see is Bashing of Belsafe, Slavelite, ETC..I cant say what steering they are doing as i dont care, if it's Bad it will stop if the Machine cannot be stopped then i guess we will have to live with it and MOVE ON. If your that good then you will get your biz by talking, ad's ,good workmanship.I would love a forum where i can talk autoglass and not how i spelled a word wrong..

M For what ever you like
DAG You guys on here do it everyday.

Does DANO stand for Da-Know Nada . .

Guys and Girls what's wrong with the people on here?
I go to work, learn, teach, Interract with my customers, do the installs (JUST AS YOU) some maybe better some maybe not, never said i was the best but for example lets say a 2014 jeep cherokee i did today, Mirror off, wipers off, cowl off, wired (or can cold knife as there is plenty room to do it) Didnt scratch so just cleaned the pinchweld, shot a V Bead and set. The 7 guys and 44 jobs we did today all went smooth and all customers got a survey and 40 sent in already with all good things to say. What more can we ask? I'm a tech not the owner or a suit that sit's at a desk. I come here and all i see is Bashing of Belsafe, Slavelite, ETC..I cant say what steering they are doing as i dont care, if it's Bad it will stop if the Machine cannot be stopped then i guess we will have to live with it and MOVE ON. If your that good then you will get your biz by talking, ad's ,good workmanship.I would love a forum where i can talk autoglass and not how i spelled a word wrong..

M

To be on this forum. You have to have thick skin. When you work at Slavelite. You have a big target on your back. No matter how good you are.

When I worked @ Slavelite. Most indies here try to slam me. When I became a Indie. Slavelite tries to Slam me. You will never win......

Hey m please tell us where you hide your extractor and long knive in your van

I bash no one. If I have a question I will ask. If I have something that I can add, to assist someone, I do it.
I only passed on what my customer told me. No more No less. I did, however, add that it is a shame.
It is a shame that small businesses are bashed by a script that doesn't know anything about the shop this customer may or may not choose.
The call center didn't know what shop he would call, so in general, they took another opportunity to say that we are bad. That is ALL OF US SMALL SHOPS.
This is not a script that is limited to one customer. It is not isolated.
I did not post to bash but you can be sure that, if I hear it from my customer, I am going to share it.

Dano
Hey m please tell us where you hide your extractor and long knive in your van

LOL..........Good one.......

I dont need an extractor or a long knife to do auto. We just cant have a Fein Knife,Long knife. Doesnt bother me 1 bit. If your good with a scraper then they work out just fine IMOP. Serious ? How is J.N Phillips?

M is for MONKEY

lol
M is for MONKEY

Wow did you think of that on your own? You are the new Jay Leno. Oh and monkeys are smarter than alot of humans , yea that means you. Your boring me again, please post of some work you did today, oh wait that would take 5 seconds...

M
lol
M is for MONKEY

Wow did you think of that on your own? You are the new Jay Leno. Oh and monkeys are smarter than alot of humans , yea that means you. Your boring me again, please post of some work you did today, oh wait that would take 5 seconds...

You are right, Monkeys are smarter than M. I agree with you on that. And you are so bored you sit out here and wait for a response, that's hilarious.As for the work I did today, well that would take about an hour or so just to post about, because a REAL glass shop does so much more than just auto glass. We have real challenges to fabricate, and CREATE more than you can even imagine in your little safejunk world. All fLAT GLASS, plexi, mirrors, ss, ds, 3/16, 1/4 plate, special fabrications, tempered, ig's residential to commercial.... This is WAY beyond what you can even dream of because you have no clue of what ALL glass means. you will never have the experience to "do it all" stuck in the mire of safecrud. If you want to really learn more than you can comprehend, learn how to do all types of glass in every form. You will then become a real glass guy. Until then you will remain a safecrap monkey.

You might even have a bit of talent for auto glass but that is just a small part of what it takes to be true GLASS SHOP. Some get it most never will, you MR. Monkey are the most who never will. Slash and hack away stinkjunkie.

lol
M
lol
M is for MONKEY

haha, I have been in Glass since 1993 and have done Flat for many yrs, Lexan, store fronts, In Boston buildings, Laying mirror on the walls of Gym's, You think u know all. I know plumbers that are very good but dont do OIL burners, So when your cut,sand and polish that 12x24 mirror and charge a cust 28.00 you can be proud of the profit you just made. haha..I'm an Auto Glass Tech never said a Glass Man. And i love this backed up thing, a few stories out of a thousand. I can give you the #'s of customers that said to me that i couldnt believe you got to me today as i just called yesterday. You dont know what your talking about. Ever call a dealer and say i want my car done NOW? aint going to happen bud. Believe me when i talk the truth and not what you read/Hear from others. I'm in the Mix and know what's going on, You dont plain and simple. Goodnight and dream on.

1 2

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com