AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1975 Porsche 911 back glass

Man you birds DON'T think outside the box. A little stratgic trimming on the top of the w/strip turns this into a 20 minute Job.

I've thought outside the box throughout my career in the glass business as required. But I don't feel it's a good idea to chop on someone else's parts if you're unsure. That's why I've posted here for some tips.

NS
I've thought outside the box throughout my career in the glass business as required. But I don't feel it's a good idea to chop on someone else's parts if you're unsure. That's why I've posted here for some tips.

He did give you a tip. Its just on what NOT TO DO !!!!!! What do you want from a guy that UPSHOVE'S Vette windshields with a blood stained butchers apron while bending the botton stops??????

OG
A little stratgic trimming

AKA Cut"Butcher Up" his moldings. In layman's terms

Ya , I get it. Works part time in the meat dept for a couple extra bucks...lol

NS
Ya , I get it. Works part time in the meat dept for a couple extra bucks...lol

That's one way of looking at it.
My way was that he was butchering up the car and it was bleeding on his White Butchers Apron that is stained with the car's blood.......

There's 2 upper lips. If you trim the first 1/4 inch it will allow the glass to go in without taking off the SS molding. and it seals on the second lip. We always add a little extra urethane here to protect in case of a roll over. Man you guys tree a lot. Beech & Birch

OG
There's 2 upper lips. If you trim the first 1/4 inch it will allow the glass to go in without taking off the SS molding. and it seals on the second lip. We always add a little extra urethane here to protect in case of a roll over. Man you guys tree a lot. Beech & Birch

I guess that's the way it came from factory rite??? Bulgered up with urethane.......

I don't smoke tree's. Must be a Cali thing... I prefer to roll blunts. Its East Coast thing !!!!

OG..I wouldn't let you put air in my bicycle tires !!!!!.....lol

Know you know your thinking this guy might have a good idea here and why didn't I think of that. No applause necessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OG
Know you know your thinking this guy might have a good idea here and why didn't I think of that. No applause necessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They say Crazy people don't know they are really Crazy...So with that analogy.
Butcher's of cars really think they are redesign engineers ????

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com