AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Why does SGC make people wait 8-12 Days for Replacement

you are filling that truck with some foreign guys money , suuucccckkkkeeeerrr

m***
Never heard 8-10 days for a replacement, We are a day or 2 if that. Never in 20yrs heard this. And if some shops in that area are it's because they are booked, cant fit in 3 more if your already doing 7 a day till next week. The way it is with anything.

You TOTALLY miss the point Drone.
Even a day or two may be to long for a customer who is ready now but still driving with a broken glass.

GREED!

it has to do with the brand management and advertising they are going. Everyone is requesting their services.

actually, it is because they can and will continue to do as they please.

ahile back i had a client call for a price and availability for a door glass replacement. Told him it was available asap and to come on in. as he was wating he asked how a local indy was able to aquire a door glass so quick. he mentioned his insurance companies shop had scheduled him 3 weeks out because the part was not available until then. as he sat here i explained to him what was gping on. to make him even more upset i showed this particualr company's wholesale inventory. he was blown away that he had been lied to. he called said company gave them an ear full. magically thye had located a part and wanted to send a tech out. to late we had completed install, charge more than the network would have paid us. client submitted his bill to carrier and was reimbursed to the penny.

Bravo. Another example of why bigger isn't always better. Not every customer understands this but many do. That's what keeps us going. I hope Safelite continues their national advertising. The ads actually help us and have to be draining their resources. Spend on Safelite. I love it!!!!

Insurance companies are very aware at how the networks are failing. Many insurance companies use ClaimHarbor for virtual glass damage inspection now as well as Safelite. There is a shift happening and things are looking very good for independent glass retailers.

Bottom-line, take care of the customer! Document the damage with photographs, have the customer sign a sales order with your AOP and get them back on the road.

Some of you are soooo lame and biggest crybabies I've seen! I love your some of your terms and wording. Drone is my personal favorite. Safelite this safelite that. I know plenty of indys and none of them whine like some of you. With that being said, keep it up...I need something read while I'm in the john.

Glad you're amused. We'll try to keep it coming cause if you're like the Safelite installers I've known over the years you spend LOTS of time in the john. Now head to the bathroom and have another cigarette.

LOL
Some of you are soooo lame and biggest crybabies I've seen! I love your some of your terms and wording. Drone is my personal favorite. Safelite this safelite that. I know plenty of indys and none of them whine like some of you. With that being said, keep it up...I need something read while I'm in the john.

You'll be reading your unemployment insurance statements soon in the John in your trailer home in a little while...

No wonder you guys aren't making money, you're always on here complaining. The people I know running their own glass shops make good money and they dont post on here either. Learn to adjust to market trends. Sink or swim. I wonder what the next excuse is.

It is true alot of you just come on to Bash Safelite. So if a cust at my shop has to wait a day or two then the have the right to go somewhere else, but in Many years (8 jobs) from this customer they will wait. So i crash wrap the door glass and go out when i can. the very , very small amount of customers that say forget it i'll go elsewhere are going to use us again in the future anyway. It's the way it is. I see it when we have done work on a cust car before and they show up again and i see the foam dam tape from J.N Philps , they used us, used them and now us again. Plenty of work to go around. I was in the same lot with a tech last week with another big name comp and saw him doing an install on a volkswagen CC, i had a 2012 E350. He took wipers, cowl and cold knifed it, Extract the bottom. saw him prime also. I wired and used the 1-tech , No scratch no prime. he finished 5 min before me. Then he came over and we talked for a while. He says (his words) why do i hear bashing when you are using tools that make no damage? (and i'm talking experianced tech's not new comers that cut through everything). why hate on doing it the correct way with tools, correct primers and cure times? Guess you shouldnt knock it till you try it. slavelite? good pay, 4 weeks vac, van to drive home. etc...Guess if your lazy it's not for you.

m***
It is true alot of you just come on to Bash Safelite. So if a cust at my shop has to wait a day or two then the have the right to go somewhere else, but in Many years (8 jobs) from this customer they will wait. So i crash wrap the door glass and go out when i can. the very , very small amount of customers that say forget it i'll go elsewhere are going to use us again in the future anyway. It's the way it is. I see it when we have done work on a cust car before and they show up again and i see the foam dam tape from J.N Philps , they used us, used them and now us again. Plenty of work to go around. I was in the same lot with a tech last week with another big name comp and saw him doing an install on a volkswagen CC, i had a 2012 E350. He took wipers, cowl and cold knifed it, Extract the bottom. saw him prime also. I wired and used the 1-tech , No scratch no prime. he finished 5 min before me. Then he came over and we talked for a while. He says (his words) why do i hear bashing when you are using tools that make no damage? (and i'm talking experianced tech's not new comers that cut through everything). why hate on doing it the correct way with tools, correct primers and cure times? Guess you shouldnt knock it till you try it. slavelite? good pay, 4 weeks vac, van to drive home. etc...Guess if your lazy it's not for you.

THANK YOU!

I've seen my fair share of techs from indy shops make the move to safelite and never look back. Can't speak too much for the ones that left, maybe they didn't know how to work the game and make money.

They bash the company and the "drones" despite all that, believe it or not there are veteran techs working there supporting their families. They stay with company because they don't have to worry about going out business.

m***

AGAIN you miss the point. Has nothing to do with installers. If SGC is truly a TPA & not a SGC STEERING machine, customers WOULDN'T have to wait at all. They would be serviced and back in their cars safely & with out risk of tickets for broken w/s as they drive around. SGC installers DON'T need to be defensive on this one. It's NOT about you.

m***

Lets tell the complete truth here.... 4 weeks of vacation only after 10 years of service. I believe that was the # back then. Most auto glass companies allow commuting privilege from house to work without GPS tracking. Since when is a cold knife and extractor not the rite tool???? What auto glass police book says that??? We have profit sharing with quarterly bonuses for everyone working in the company with 401k plan. Tech's come and go. Our crew has been the same for over 10 years now. No furloughing when slow or seasonal help. We trust our associates to do the rite thing everyday all day

Sglass
m***

AGAIN you miss the point. Has nothing to do with installers. If SGC is truly a TPA & not a SGC STEERING machine, customers WOULDN'T have to wait at all. They would be serviced and back in their cars safely & with out risk of tickets for broken w/s as they drive around. SGC installers DON'T need to be defensive on this one.

Someone should change this forum name it doesn't suite it.

I have noticed that Safelite is doing a lot of advertising and could be really busy right now. There have been record temperatures, snowfall, etc.. that have us backed up right now.

They should be referring to someone else for "customer service" reasons if they really can't get it done it a day or two. The ability to steer AND advertise (more than Budweiser) is a potent drink and when they can add in all the, "We can't guarantee their work..." Kool Aide, the customers just get more confused.

Like many on here say, things are changing and Safelite is becoming less relevant with insurers who can do what Gary Hart was talking about. Those days (the old days, before Networks) are coming back.

Technology (with vehicle design/safety) is the new frontier and the same is true with how insurance claims can be handled. Our company can absolutely provide more information to a consumer or their insurer in real time than Safelite or Lynx can.

If many of you take the time to research what is already available and how it can be used to get these Networks out of our business, we could fix our industry in a year or two. Just do the research like I did. It's funny though about one thing, none of the media companies ever bring these topics up or do any real research either. They just repeat what is already on the News Wires and don't do any real investigative reporting.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com