AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Door glass resin repair DD11759 GTY

PA glass posted this on Deltas site. Now why didn't I think of this?

I had a 2012 gr Cherokee today. Very tight spacing with underside trim. I managed to get my cold knife in but it was too short to cut through. No way the longer blade was going to get in there. I remembered that I had a 5/16 carbide hole saw. I used Gorilla tape to protect the paint, lubed it up with glass cleaner and bore a perfect hole up against the top. I then had a perfect entry point for the longer blade. Still used an air express on the lower few inches of the sides. I guess I have been doing this about twenty four years, still find something new to try now and then. I will also be using this method to get a wire started when it's so tight you can barely see the end of the wire starter poking through if you start on a side.

^^^^ PA Glass AKA DBA OG also ?????

back on track. yes you can repair laminated glass,no matter what part it is. as for butch hack allot and the dash slash kid ,maybe you should move to a better forum for your child like banter. glass**** should work.

This person is verrrrry small. No sense of humor at all.

OG
This person is verrrrry small. No sense of humor at all.

Don't be mad at him because he called you out !!!!!

xs
Did our 1st door glass resin repair today on a laminated door glass. It was a Bullseye repair. Filled in beautiful. Has anyone else done this????

Yeppers. A few months ago a guy made an appointment to get a chip repaired. When he came in I spent five minutes in and out of the vehicle looking at the windshield. He pointed it out on the R/F D/G. I felt like an idiot.

The only thing I didn't like is that its' a challenge to get resin into the bridge on a vertical glass. Used a bendy soda straw as a funnel. Filled great. Polished up good.

Since then we've averaged about two D/G chips a month.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com