AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
opinion

may of 2013 put a w/s in 2010 ml 350 had a small leak bottom right corner sealed it never heard another word. since has quit running four times towed to mercedes fixed fourth time mercedes says your w/s is leaking get a call go and r&r w/s now want two grand in repairs customer never told mercedes had a w/s leak now says didn't know w/s was leaking even though when we went out the carpet was wet,I feel we are not responsible because we were not told of any problem don't you think common sense would tell you to mention the w/s leak @ least @ some point. just looking for opinions.

Re: opinion

Certain states limits damages. Some limits yours to the replacement and no responsible consequential damage. If its your fault the leak occurred and you tried to repair it once and it caused further damage. I would pay for the repairs. A 2k repair from the MB dealer is not going to break the bank. Its your reputation.

From you saying the leak was at the lower right bottom corner. Well I find it hard to believe the water was leaking up the windshield then down into the vehicle. The urethane bead is like 2.5 inches from the retainer. Maybe it was the front sunroof drain tubes clogged?

I should have said lower right a-pillar. the thing that gets me is four times towed in with electrical problems and no mention they had a w/s leak and mercedes just kept replacing parts with-out finding the cause could have fixed it the first time with minimal damage.

Dealers replace's failed parts. They very seldom find out the cause of the failed components. Most are parts changers to maximize profits.

xs you are so right about that!I have since found out they told the customer it was water damage and the customer still didn't say anything about the w/s leak 3 times mind you and the fourth they decided to try and find it. if the customer wasn't running a very large company I would write it off that he's just a moron or maybe he is.

Just because they run big companies doesn't make them smart. Just means they had better opportunities then us. I know a few past CEO's of a major auto glass replacement company that was dumb as a box of rocks......

There are also states that have a clause that limits your liability from consequential damages from owner failing to protect from further damage when a problem is known.

Notice in your statement that you went back to R&R the windshield. I was wondering if you noticed any breaks in your bead that would indicate a water leak as a direct result from your installation? If so or not did you take pictures? I think we can all agree just because the dealer says the windshield is leaking does not mean the windshield is leaking. If it were me I would want to make sure factual proof was evident. Just sayin.

yea the w/s had a small leak so I do bare some responsibility but their is such a thing as paying attention in life and taking some responsibility our selves. xs I have to disagree with you that the dealer's are just part replacer's they have a duty to protect consumer from unnecessary repairs , but somewhere along the line people have forgotten that a large percentage of car dealers are crook's (not all) but a lot, it's like my wife's mini cooper has water in the floor board oh that's because you had your w/s replaced in your truck. I was just wondering how folks felt about a situation like this and over 200 people read this but no opinion's I guess. I've been @ this for 34 years so this kind of thing is not new to me just wondering how others feel about getting taken advantage of. this is a good time to change the subject I started posting on this board a lot of years ago as prostar as a joke made for a lot of interesting back and fourth mostly negative towards against ppg. I used to try to bring up important issue's that we face but they all ways got deleted so instead I just said things to get people riled up, I even got banned from this site for over a year even though when I got back on the web master said know had ever been banned must have been a computer glitch.We face real problems in this industry and it ain't just safelite brownnigs blog speaks of the Chinese working for nothing well what about all you cut throat out of the back of pick up guys and customize offer guys willing to keep taking money out of your own pocket, you do realize that all you've done is erode pricing oh that's right you don't care instead you just blame safelite. After all these years for some reason I still care I don't know why I don't have to but I do so from now on I will no longer post under the name prostar which was a joke from the start but Randall browning glass express Beaufort south Carolina & no I'm not related to Jamie browning don't even know him, but if anyone fells like talking about real issues we face feel free to call I do still care.

oh and by the way don't call me @ home I try not to care as much after five.

Are you sure you don't drive a "rambler"? Just asking.

Mr Prostar, I am human and have a leaker that has caused water damage and I know common sense would be for the customer to say that the windshield has been replaced when they went to dealer and let them that it leaked but has been fixed but there are to many people driving around that don't even know how many doors the car has or what year make and model they have, so we have to deal with this everyday and move on but I have found out that admitting as a human there was a mistake made and take care of it will go a long way rather than argue with the person who hasn't a clue how many doors the car has and only services it when the check engine light comes on...I wish you good luck

Do the right thing. Your inability to properly replace a windshield caused the lead. You need to fix the damage.

If you are lucky, maybe you can get hired on at Safelite and go through one of their training classes. They will spend time teaching you how to run a bead of urethane the correct way and you won't have any more leakers.

Harry Feltersatch

If you are lucky, maybe you can get hired on at Safelite and go through one of their training classes. They will spend time teaching you how to run a bead of urethane the correct way and you won't have any more leakers.

OMG !!! Are you for real ??????

I do drive a rambler I like ramblers, I just have to many things to say and some times I get carried away, and hey harry you know what you can do. I actually didn't do the install my self I actually have top notch employee's that could go toe to toe with the best.

We run a v bead on the glass in a continuous bead and overlap the bead at the bottom the same as the factory. I've never seen Safelite do that. It wasn't too long ago that the Safelite installers in our area put a butyl tape on the glass and set the glass Into a pool of urethane.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com