AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Any glass made in the USA?

read on here that PGW is hookin up with a chinese outfit to make glass. tired of it all! anyone know if theres any glass made in the good ole USA anymore? Ford stillmaking glass? I need a new 71 Mustang Mach 1 windshield but I dont want any chinese stuff.

Re: Any glass made in the USA?

Safelite Auto Glass 100% American Made in North Carolina

safelite glass is made in the USA, in North Carolina,

no ford does not make glass they shuttered there plants.

Libbey-Owens Ford was sold to Pilkington.

Isn't CARLITE OEM for Ford? Are they still making glass here or have they moved offs****? At least it would be made from the original mold/pattern.

The Truth
safelite glass is made in the USA, in North Carolina,

no ford does not make glass they shuttered there plants.

That's funny I drive past the CARLITE/CARLEX plant almost daily... sure are alot of cars parked out front to be closed....

The Truth
Safelite Auto Glass 100% American Made in North Carolina

except for the FYG product with Service labels....

The Truth
Safelite JUNK Auto Glass 100% American Made in North Carolina

The Truth
safelite JUNK glass is made in the USA, in North Carolina,

It is going to be interesting to see what happens to manufacturing in the not so far off future when technology eventually brings down the cost for 3D printing. I think 3D printing is going to change how things are done. It will be reverse engineering on steroids. There will be very few limitations on what someone can reproduce as the list of materials that can be used in the printers expand. It may be time to learn auto cad . (example----http://www.3ders.org/articles/20131209-low-cost-titanium-powders-used-in-3d-printing-for-the-first-time.html or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl5_wUVxRvw )

Carlite glass still around. I got a couple of door glasses clear for these cars but not 100%, lot of stuff around is older with a scratch here and there. If someone wants a deal for a pass door glass made by Ford we got 2.

That PGW joint venture plant in China is intended to "... serve automotive OEM customers in the country". There are still windshields being made in the USA by PGW, Guardian(not retail anymore)and Safelite among others.

It's four years later, but you were wrong then and you'd be wrong know. Much of Safelite's glass comes from China.

Safelite closed their Enfield,NC plant at the end of 2016.....they buyout ALL their glass parts.

Pilkington was sold to NSG in Japan

Ford sold their plant in Nashville,TN to the Japanese (Central Glass,Co.) they supply CARLEX brand to the market.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com