AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Window Tint Authorization w/State Farm

Anyone in AZ experienceing window tint authorization issues? I still have to go through LYNX authorization but then Lynx calls the customer back from a different number and confirms if they have tint on the part being replaced. Its not until they get around to it and actually speak to the customer before I get my authorization sent to me.

Re: Window Tint Authorization w/State Farm

Has been that way for us since 2007. You must now have made State Farms radar congrats. To many window tint strips to many Vin etches will get you on the naughty list.

I always get tint auth, but they have a set amount they pay just got to hope you can get it done that cheap

You got it. The metrix report on lynx's website. Only twice! When I talked to head of State Farms glass program for the metrix program to be a select shop, he told me it was for unrelated parts. When he got back to me it was because we did more tint then the AZ market average. Please explain to me why I am being penalized for makeing sure that when a customer has window film and they request to have it taken care of and I follow through on it ....I get penalized. I guess they want me to tell the customer they will have to contact the insurance company and request payment or turn in a supplement. Bottom line is its unfortunate that companies are out there billing for tint that is not needed and the companies that actually care about replaceing the vehicle back to it pre damaged condition are put in this position.
It makes no sense that they can have an insured on the line to verify that they need a ws replaced or repaired but when they need tint with a maximum cost of 75 they have to call the customer back at a different time to verify they actually have tint. Whats next...no authorization for a repair or replacement until they call back the customer at a later date and time?
My metrix report is clean and has been for 6 month....must be on double secret probation!

Woe be unto the dancers.

WOW things and rules must be way different from one side of the country to the other. Over here in SC Insurance doesn't even pay for TINT. Tint DIDN"T come on the car from the factory. The only way you can get tint over here is if the customer request it while filing the claim, and 2 if they have that little doctor excuse, stating they need to have window tint on there car for vision reasons.

Most window tint is illegal anyway cops now have a scanner to check the darkness of your windows even if it was privacy and retinted afterward if to dark you get a ticket

that is all for
D A M N YANKEE OUT!!!!

on a regualkr basis we get put on probation with sf. it is also the non related parts issue. not tint, but dealer parts and clips. every time we get dinged/probation we call sf and ask them, would they rather have a happy client or a ****ed off client. when we do luxury/highend cars we make sure to get the client taken care of and most of these are dealer parts.( we have educated service advisors to have their clients put a rider on the policy that requires dealer parts first). we have a reputation we have earned and will keep it.
just document everything. take pictures before and after, save pop's, we use wo#'s for po's( paper trail).
honest agrr companies get the short end of the stick. we pay the price becuase of hte scam/fraudulant compnaies.

We are a SC shop. Is everyone referring to a tint "strip" across the top (sunscreen), or actual tinting of the whole windshield? We've never had an issue with sunscreen approval (I think $20 flat). For the whole windshield we did have to have a doctor's note.

Rather than getting in the middle of it, now we just recommend the insured turn the receipt into their local agent for reimbursement. Saves a lot of headache for something you are not making money on. Of course, we give the customer the option of us getting approval and mailing them a check...but I always tell them it's better to actually have the bill in their hand so they make sure they are fully reimbursed.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com